1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuden000-T02-000 or MCC-004

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ALAND, Jul 23, 2005.

1. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Best Buy has a sale on 16x Verbs MCC004 and Staples has a sale on Fujifilm Yuden000-T02-000 8x+ but they burn at 16x in my Nec 3520. I am stuck between the two. The 16x Verbs are 9.99USD for 25 and the Fujifilm Yudens are 9.99 for 30 (colors). I want to buy them both but I would like a second opinion. Which one would you buy. ( I know what Creaky would say but I am looking for a unbiased opinion.)

2. abozich56

abozich56 Member

You sure the Fuji is Yuden?

Just wondering cause I work for Staples and would like to buy some if indeed they do code out as Yuden.

3. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Yes I am positive, I already bought them at 17.99, now they are on sale for 9.99 for 30. You didn't answer my question, would you go with the Verbs 16x or the Yudens 8x.

4. abozich56

abozich56 Member

I'd get the Yuden's, but from what I've read you can't go wrong with either. I just started using Yuden and that's pretty much all I'm going to use from now on.

Also, take your receipt in for the ones you've already bought at 17.99 and get the difference tomorrow, assuming you bought them in the past 30 days.

5. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

I did but I am going to be looking hi and low for that receipt. I need some memory also, they have a good deal at Staples on PNY 512 PC 2700,333mhz 39.00 (20.00 rebate) so I'll be shopping and probably asking for a price match on the Verbs if they have them. I will buy some of both.

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ aland buddy

i answered your query in a different thread...i would PERSONALLY suggest the MCC004s, as they have TERRIFIC scans on them, even slightly better results than my TYS~ :) ironic isn't it? hehehe, but if you have some $$ to spare, pick up the YUDEN fuji's too~ :) can never have enough TYs...and since you have 2 burners...nec 3520 and the nec 3540 with their own preferences of media, perhaps get some of each~ i have not burned THAT MANY using the MCC004s (16x Verb dvd+r), BUT, the ones i have used..are GREAT~! :)

but, for steadfast reliability, i will never stray too far from my YUDEN000T02 coded media in either the FUJI/SONY brand dvd+r~ :)

good luck buddy~

7. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

hello, i've burned well over a hundred discs coded mcc004 at different speeds with no problems, perfect backups so far. i also have faith in the yuden TO2's having used them hundreds of times. i recommend either one because the price is right.

peace

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've used just shy of 100 8x -R TY with zero issue and am impressed with them but i don't worry about the PIF scans too much. i've done a little experimenting but in no way anything remotely like the good people over at cdfreaks et al.
    I crc scan the odd disc but only do the odd PIF scan if i've just bought a different make disc/speed of disc, or if i suspect a disc is gonna have problems due to a mistaken multitask during a burn.

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I buy Verbatim DataLife Plus w/ Taiyo Yuden dye DVD-R here in Britain & they are w/out doubt the best discs I have ever used & would recommend them highly.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ditto to that mister Herb

11. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

I am patiently waiting for your post to my P>M> Creaky

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005