1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zelda and wii channel launcher we hardly knew you R.I.P

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by susieqbbb, Jun 16, 2008.

1. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

Well with the release of firmware 3.3 today comes some bad news if any illegal or unauthorized saves are detected firmware 3.3 will disable them all this includes channels and even the zelda launcher.

So think before you upgrade.

2. Brantis

Brantis Member

NIL!

Installing the new upgrade will not disable your Homebrew Channel!

If you have it on your system prior to this update you will be good.

So, VIVA LA HOMEBREW!!!

3. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

not true several users have been banned online for having the homebrew channel installed

4. jamojojoe

jamojojoe Member

I didnt think there was any online system they could actually ban you from.

Wiis online is balls anyway.

5. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Mario kart online is pretty good. Not much else is worth mentioning though.

Anyway, as I understand the only time it checks what channels you have installed is when you connect to the store and buy new things, so thats the only time you could be banned for having the homebrew channel installed. If you're just playing online games it shouldnt detect your channels.

Still though, jamojojoe is right. I havent heard of anyone being banned from online for twilight hacking or anything else.

6. jamojojoe

jamojojoe Member

I think http://wiibrew.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page said there's no risk of it deleting your homebrew channel. It just removes the Twighlight hack, which isnt necessary if you have Homebrew channel running anyway.

Theyre still testing id say, and dont reccomend to update.

The update doesnt do anything besides check for twighlight hack save file and something about mii plaza + parade which is utterly pointless anyway.

7. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

susieqbbb for the last time do not just spew out false information. You'll scare away the n00bs.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  8. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

Here is the final word.

In order to install the Homebrew channel you need the zelda hack or the resigned iso but after firmware 3.2 the resigner no longer functions and after firmware 3.3 the zelda hack no longer functions so yes it doesn't ban it if you have it preinstalled but if you don't your in trouble.

9. Eddy0412

Eddy0412 Member

@susieqbbb
    Actually the hack is working fine for the 3.3 Firmware.
    Wiibrew.org has a new version for the hack.

Twilight Hack v0.1beta1
    June 21st, 2008 by marcan ยท 170 Comments

This new version of the Twilight Hack is compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu, using the workarounds explained in previous posts. Thanks to everyone on IRC who contributed to the search for the bugs, and to tmbinc and tehpola for finding the two bugs that make this possible.

Changelog for this release:

* The Twilight Hack is now compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu.
    * Improvements in video configuration. The entire console should now be visible in all video modes, and scrolling has been improved.
    * For the USA version, the two variants of the hack have been packed into one save file. Just select the save slot that corresponds to your version of Twilight Pricess when you start the game.
    * New savegame icons by drmr. The new icons now show which region that version of the hack is for.
    * This version now tries to load boot.dol, and falls back to boot.elf if boot.dol is not found.
    * ???????
    * Many, many bug fixes.

Download it here. Head over to Wiibrew for more information and updates. See the included README for installation and usage instructions.

Enjoy!

BTW I want to ask a question. There isn't a way of bricking my wii with the Homebrew channel?

What are the pros and cons from having the Homebrew Channel?