AfterDawn Forums

Something compairable to a Yamaha RX-V1

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

I have a Yamaha RX-V1 that I've had for around 8 years now. I got it new from Tweeter when they were still in business. I love the sound when I play both cds and movies but yesterday I noticed that the right main floor speaker wasn't working. I switched both the main speakers and found out that its not the speakers but the channel in the receiver that went bad. As I said I really like the sound but the receiver is getting dated (no hdmi). I was wondering what price range for the new receivers would I need to look at to get a compairable sound ($300 $500 $1000 or even $4000). Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks Rich
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
ive seen yamaha newer models for about $1000 brand new.also seen on the net reviews for denon and onkyo both are suppose to be top receivers and price wise are about same as yamaha maybe even cheaper.
i also have a thread for suggestions for a new sound system as im using a philips sterio from about 1992.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.