AfterDawn Forums

Headset Sound Issue

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

I have a problem where the audio the people hear from my headset is squealing. Originally I thought it was the headset itself, but I just purchased a newer one and that didn't work either, so now I'm thinking its the sound card. Any ideas?

Right now I'm using my motherboard's sound, and I started using a TekRepublic TH Pro gaming headset.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Feb 2013 @ 19:55
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Never mind, I fixed the issue. Please close this topic.
how did you fix it so that others may learn from that problem?
With the new headset it came with software that allowed me to adjust the feedback with a new mixer. I was able to get the right settings.
I actually have a newer issue that I wasn't expecting. A day after use I put my computer to sleep, now the computer doesn't even see the headset as headset anymore, but as an unknown USB device. I've tried uninstalling and rebooting and it won't get back to normal.
try a system restore to before this started. was there a windows update recently installed?
There was, but this happened before I did the update. I figured the update would help, but that didn't work either.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.