1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVB recording program for Imac 2006 early model

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by raghavsood999, Dec 2, 2013.

1. raghavsood999

raghavsood999 Newbie

I own a xbox 360 and an imac 2006 early model and i would like to use a software used for recieving high quality sound and video as a full screen to see my xbox 360 video and hear it's gameplay sound.

- The software should get the 360's sound and video at a very good quality and the frame rate should be very good.

- It should not show any interlaces or lag in the middle like in vlc media player.
    - Vlc media player has the capability to recieve both sound and video from the xbxo 360 consoles but it has a very poor frame rate. Say i want to play on the imac screen, every time i move my charecter from a game forward using the analog sticks, then after 1 second of moving the button, i will move and not straight away.
    I need a good and FREE OF CHARGE software for doing this but it should not be slow.

I dont mind purchasing it. If there is a price please let me know. If you can give me the serial please tell me it.
    Otherwise i dont mind buying it.
    - It can have many features like video recording etc...

Actually, i own a composite video usb stick / card for the usb port which uses the composite (red, yellow and white ) plugs to plug at the back of my 360's video port (NOT THE HDMI one). One more thing, do you think hdmi is better then the composite one and if i use it in vlc media player is it going to perform better and with a better frame rate
    ?

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

No because the 2006 iMac still won't do hdmi because it doesn't support HD so Hd wouldn't do you any good

3. raghavsood999

raghavsood999 Newbie

ok well just tell me of another software for the pc please?
    I am using the: KIARBAAS video capture card and it uses the usb 2.0 interface to connect to my laptop's usb 2.0 port.

The other side are the composite red, yellow and white round plugs which plug back of my 360 console.

I need a software like total media or nero record now! - instead of a small screen i need a large screen with the best frame rate as well as audio playback while the video is being displayed on the pc monitor.
    I did not get any software with my video cap card i only got a driver to install which functions fine. Just need the best software simielr to vlc media player but must NEVER LAG

4. megadunderhead

On the 2006 imac its going to lag because of the Ati x1600 that is in the computer its only a 256 meg graphics card the iMac 2006 came in another model the x1900 which is still only 256 meg the lag that you are getting is because the core 2 duo processor cannot handle the high resolution this is why you get lag also vlc requires a intel I5 or I7 to properly play hd....

Now can i ask you a simple question!!!!

1. why don't you just record it into SD then use vlc to convert it into hd this way you wouldn't really need a hd tuner or capture device saving you tons of money.

2. you will also need lots of storage space make sure you don't exceed 1 gig on your videos if you plan on uploading to youtube youtube limits are 1 gig until you post a set number of videos.

3. Now question have you tried using Idvd converting the video into a full screen dvd then using handbrake which is free to convert it into hd

see capture cards only work as well as the computers there attached to if you don't have the latest greatest or sub par machine the video lags like a sucker...

5. raghavsood999

raghavsood999 Newbie

Hello, i am not willing to record my xbxo 360 game play. instead, i want to be able to use my laptop's screen as a tv screen. What i am using is a Kiarbaas usb 2.0 video/audio capture card which also has the composite plugs for the xbox 360 video ports.

I just want be able to receive the audo and video emited from the xbox 360 console and disply the gamplay onto my laptops, lcd screen/display.

So i have tried using the vlc media player and i am running an 2nd gen i7 processor clocked at 2.9 GHz with ati readeon 6700M on A PC not a macintosh pc.

I am using very high tech hardware on my laptop so since i am using vlc, every time i press a button on the 360 controller, vlc media player outputs the results after 2 seconds i press the button. So there is a 1-2 second wait and thats why vlc media player is not really good. I need a similer software to vlc or total media record.

Again, i do not wish to record my gameplay to save it as a video/avi/mp4 file. i just want to use my laptop screen as a tv so that i can see the xbox gameplay on my pc instead of a television set.

My laptop does not have a hdmi port or even if does it is output ONLY not input and, i have 2 usb 2.0 ports therefore, i am able to use my kiarbaas usb dongle with my laptop and my xbox 360.

REMMEMBER THAT I DONT NEED A MAC computer now.

I AM NOW ON A PC LAPTOP WHICH IS: HP PAVILION DV6 6145TX with intel processor and the chipset is HM65 or series 6 cougar point (B3) chipset OR MOTHERBOARD/LOGIC BOARD.

LOL!!!
    Thanks in advance.
    ragh

6. megadunderhead

then you need to please post this in the pc section here at afterdawn because this is a mac section here what you are trying to do is just use your lcd as a screen you need a hd capture card that handles hd there is only one good one for the xbox 360 but it runs a lot of money

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Captur...8&qid=1386153275&sr=8-1&keywords=game+capture

this is what professional you tubers are using its the best for recording and displaying hd on a screen