1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know of a similar program like AnyDVD HD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by rounder00, Aug 26, 2009.

1. rounder00

rounder00 Member

I'm trying to backup the new 'Fighting' Blu-Ray and anyDVD HD cannot break the protection. Can anyone recommend another program that might do the trick?

Thanks in advance!

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Give them some time and they'll update it with a fix that works.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

DVDFab HD has blu ray rip ability

4. rounder00

rounder00 Member

I will try that. Thanks

5. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

@rounder00, Check this HD DVD/BLU-RAY "freeware'DECRYPTING software option out...I have never used this decrypter personally but if you don't want to pay for AnyDVD/HD, then I think it's worth a try. Anyone here @ the AFTERDAWN forum using Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper please provide user feedback.

Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper

Play Blu-Ray and HD DVD Videos on your PC !

Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper is a plug-in that can help to backup HD DVD and Blu-ray movies. It has no GUI interface. With this Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Help, a general DVD copy application can backup HD and Blu-ray movies to your hard drive.

Totally Free@:http://www.copyhddvd.net/(the exe file has installer and uninstaller included).
    What can Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper do?

* Back up Blu-Ray disks or HD DVDs to your hard drive. Guide
    * Play your favorite Blu-ray discs and HD DVDs on your PC.
    * Experience true High Definition video with brilliant images in Full HD (1080p).
    * Remove encryption (AACS) from HD-DVDs.
    * Watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
    * Playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD or Win DVD,which otherwise do not run. Guide
    * Remove user prohibitions, you can select the language and subtitle track without going through the disc's menu.
    * Remove parental restrictions.
    * Include a UDF 2.5 file ripper, no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 file system under Windows XP.

System Requirements :

* Windows 2000/XP/VISTA
    * NTFS supported
    * A Blu-Ray or HD DVD disk drive
    * A Blu-Ray or HD DVD media player (like PowerDVD, WinDVD)
    * 50GB or more free disk space for Blu-Ray copying.
    30GB or more free disk space for HDDVD copying.

6. MeThisGuy

MeThisGuy Member

Since when were you a salesman? And since when did a salesman sell you something for free? JK. :) Besides...if one is clever and willing, one doesn't have to buy AnyDvd HD to use it.

7. rounder00

rounder00 Member

I know. I already have anydvd HD.. Problem is that it takes them a while to release new fixes at times. I got a few bu-rays the day they came out and it kept giving an error....

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  8. MeThisGuy

MeThisGuy Member

Yeah. Sorry about that. I really only posted to make fun of N2DVD. I have had a BR drive for about a week now and none of my blu-rays are new. If I could help I would. Sorry to stress you. I still need to learn more about this technology and Blu-ray programs myself.

9. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

No pun taken....I'm not selling it (It's free). I'm simply making a suggestion per the question asked. I personally use AnyDVD/HD, CloneDVD2, NERO 8, RIPIT4ME. These are my core back-up software's of choice. I purchased all but the last one mentioned. I too used to avoid purchase of back-up software for one reason or another...so I relate to newbies or the novice approach of uncertainty. Play @ your own risk though. Before AnyDVD there was DVD43 and it worked here and there but AnyDVD/HD is the best for a reason and that reason is simple....."RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT"!!!!!!! I am anxiously awaiting the SLYSOFT release of what has been touted to be "CLONEBD". The next level streamlined automated BLU-RAY decrypter.:)

10. rounder00

rounder00 Member

@N2DVD: Cool. I'll give it a try.

Perhaps with AnyDVD HD I just have to be more patient with the fixes. Have you had the same problem where it wasn't able to crack the new protections? I myself use BD-Rebuilder from jdobbs and it works fantastically for re-encoding the movie, removing all extra content and getting it to fit in a BD-25. Storing the files to my drive was the only problem.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

11. motleydud

motleydud Member

hi all,
    sorry to jump on this thread, but i have a quick question that i may need answering. im used to backing up all my dvds using dvd shrink etc, however i have just purchased a blu-ray burner and have heard that anydvd hd is the way to go. what confuses me at the moment is also i have read guides about keys for movies on br. would i still need the keys? or once backed up thats it and burn it as you would a dvd?

i really am a noob and have been looking on the net for hours at this stuff and my eyes are sore lol

any help is much appreciated.

ragards

motley

12. samshizze

samshizze Member

13. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

AnyDVD/HD is great.....it will decrypt and back up your BLU-RAY disk to hard drive. But you still will need a BLU-RAY ripper or burning software like the Image Burner. Or you can then try and convert the BLU-RAY file to anoth HD/like format. I'm waiting on an all-in-one BLU-RAY high speed transcoding software with compression options. The freeware options are tideous and confusing. Just me.

14. motleydud

motleydud Member

thanks for all the suggestions and help. i decided to use ANYDVD/HD to copy the movie onto my hard drive then use BD Rebuilder v 0.29.02 beta to rip the movie file, which seemed to work pretty well once burnt off using imgburn and a rewritable bd-25, played on my stand alone blu ray player. Next i might try to see if theres any other programs that are better than the bd rebuilder. i shall have a good read.

p.s - just been on the website for the copy helper and when asked to download the exe it was reported unsafe. i'm tempted to disreguard this and download it anyway but dont want to infect my computer. has anyone else tried this and / or confirm that windows is just being over sensitive?

cheers all

motley

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009