1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD plays 2 languages at the same time after burning

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by as110, Nov 17, 2010.

1. as110

as110 Member

I posted this in the playback problems and someone suggested to move the post here. I am not sure this is a Mac only problem and I don't know how to move the thread here so this is a repost.
    I downloaded a movie (Pride and Prejudice) in Hungarian, an. avi file. The movie plays perfectly on my Mac in RealPlayer (and VLC). I put it in iDVD and previewed and it was perfectly playing in Hungarian before I burned it. I burned it on a DVD and when I play it on the TV the movie plays in both languages, English softer in the background and Hungarian louder in the foreground. I have burned hundreds of movies on DVD with iDVD and this never happened before. I have not found a similar problem posted with a solution.

One burn made a DVD with 1 audio channel. The other 2 burns made DVDs with 2 audio channels. If that information is important.
    How do I get rid of the English background noise?
    Please help.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. as110

as110 Member

Well I found a work around. I imported the avi file into iMovie and shared it with iDVD. I was able to burn the movie with iDVD and only one language is playing, the one I wanted. I still don't know how this worked out and it took a lot of HD space, I wish there were a faster and more efficient way to do this but I am happy I was able to create a disc somehow that we can watch.
    thanks for reading.