AfterDawn Forums

New to satellite - thinking of a Blade Media 7000S ?

This discussion thread has 66 messages.

I'm not new to 'special boxes' having owned/flashed/entered keys for a Eurovox back in the days of Nag2 with virmin cable. Now that's not an option I'm thinking of going the sat route.

I already have FreeSat installed and fully functional with a 4 LNB feeding 3 rooms (1 room has a twin tuner box).

So can someone confirm that what I propose is 'do-able'

1 - The Freesat dish is pointed at Astra 2E?? So no dish re-alignment will be necessary to receive Sky channels?

2 - The cabling is already in place, so it would just be a case of swapping the freesat boxes (Humax) with the Blade 7000S 's ?

3 - Would it matter that I am not a Sly customer? ie Do I need to put their card into the Blade 7000S?

Many thanks
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Sep 2011 @ 8:55
▼▼ This topic has 65 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
1/ that will be fine
2/ yes just swop box
3/ no card required but you will need a csline sub to get the non freeviw chans or you can use a sky card in the blade.
Thanks, much appreciated.

I know that we can't really talk about csline, but would it be ok to ask how much would be a reasonable monthly amount of for a good service
also if your going the card share route u need to have internet to box
Yes, thanks. I have a cat5 feed from the router already to freesat.
ive sent you private message
Hi smoggie66

any chance i can have that pm too.

also thinking of joining the sly route and could do with similar advice

Thanks
smoggie, as a senior member i would also love the advice you deliver. please pm me with the details of your system
you obviously are a quality member to afterdawn
Hi smoggie66

any chance i can have that pm too.

also thinking of joining the sly route and could do with similar advice

Thanks
Ye, so would I,
Hi smoggie66

really sorry to bother you mate, please private message me about csline. I am in same situation as partygurl.

z4hmed
To all afterdawn users,

As I stated above being new to this, can some1 kindly explain how do you check if some1 sends you private message? Does it go to your email or somewhere on this website.

please help

z4hmed
sorry just realised there is a tab for private messages

z4hmed
Did you get one? a message about the cline?
No I haven't got a private message about csline.:-(

z4hmed
@ mickha, I've sent you a private message

z4hmed
Sorry wrote your name wrong @ mickah lol

z4hmed
Hi Smoggie, please could I have a copy of that pm ? sorry...thanks
basilo234 Account closed as per user's own request
hi new to this would also like a copy of pm re server thanks
basilo234 Account closed as per user's own request
hi new to this would also like a copy of pm re server thanks
hi could someone send me the links re: csline etc. I have a Blade 7000s and have no idea what Im doing any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
hi could someone send me the links info re: csline etc?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Oct 2011 @ 6:46
just PM'd u m8
Hi, Any chane of a PM regarding above. Have Sly dish in Ireland. Will this option work for me? If so, whats needed. Thanks
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.