1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode convert DVD to iPod MP4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by nrmsmith, Dec 5, 2005.

1. nrmsmith

nrmsmith Member

Has anyone got a successful recipe ("Profile") for encoding DVD movies into MP4 files which give good playback on the iPod Video?

Also when I try creating a new Nero Digital encoding profile the program just crashes "Faulting application recode.exe, version 2.2.7.5, faulting module recode.exe, version 2.2.7.5, fault address 0x000ba9d1." :(

(v7.0.1.2)

Nigel

2. km4304

km4304 Guest

"Has anyone got a successful recipe ("Profile") for encoding DVD movies into MP4 files which give good playback on the iPod Video?"

Here is what I do to make good quality MP4 movies, using AnyDVD and Nero Digital. They look and work great in my iPod Video.

* Start AnyDVD

* Insert DVD Movie (Then wait about 5-8 seconds / Put mouse on RED FOX (Located In System tray) - make Sure it reads “ON 1”

* Click Nero Start Smart / Click Nero Recode / Click Recode DVD’s and Videos to Nero Digital

* Make sure Nero Digital Profile is set to Standard (Click “More” located bottom left, Profiles will be located bottom right

* Un-tick “Fit to target” - Click Import Files

* Click “Import Files” Double click main movie to start analying

* Click “Settings” in Audio panel - Select 128 or 160 kbps - 44100 Hz - Click OK

* Click Subtitle Tab - Under Main subtitle track: Change to NONE

* Click Video - Click Resize - Tick Custom Resize - Change number on right side to 224 / bottom to 320 - Letterboxing should also be checked for video that is 16:9 Definition and not checked for Standard 4:3 definition - Click OK

* Video Quality should be 500-600 kbps (Use the video quality slider to adjust the level) - Click Next

* Click Nero Digital Settings - Make sure Expert Mode is checked - Click Encoding Method - Select High quality encoding (2-pass) - Select Quality/Speed - Click Advanced - Tick Simple Profile (QuickTime(TM) Compatibility)

* Click Burn

3. nrmsmith

nrmsmith Member

Do you get the same crash/error I reported if you try and create a new Nero Digital conversion profile? (under the Nero Digital settings / Expert settings).

Frankly, its about time we got a bug-fixed version of Nero 7.

Nigel

4. km4304

km4304 Guest

Do you get the same crash/error I reported if you try and create a new Nero Digital conversion profile? (under the Nero Digital settings / Expert settings).

Sorry I do not have that type of problem, but you are right
    there are lots of other bugs in Nero 7 that need fixing.

5. sackingz

sackingz Guest

just click on advance--> click on quicktime---->> burn it and view on ipod ENJOY

6. CCBC

CCBC Guest

Brilliant, thanks, I have tried many other free DVD to ipod (AVI or Divx) programms and all I got was headaches and spyware.
    Thanks again.

7. drousso

drousso Member

I just installed the latest update to Nero 7 and recode still crashes when you attempt to save a profile. I'll be sending in an error report to them on this issue today.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

9. castle6

castle6 Member

Also having issues with Nero Recode 2 not proceeding beyond first pass. I am converting from DVDDecrypt single VOB file any suggestions.
    Thanks

10. afroloq

afroloq Guest

km4304

Thank you soooooooo much for the Nero Recode guide...I have been going outta my head all week trying to find a decoder and nothing seemed to work....yet...i had this under my nose the whole damned time and didnt know it!~!!

I tried at least 5 other tools and no success....the nero recode works so well and takes almost no time at all...thansk again!

11. olamite

olamite Regular member

@km4304

my dell laptop gives me the option to switch nero digital profile to standard but my hp laptop doesnt have a standard option, just standard-avc

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  12. olamite

olamite Regular member

@km4304

nero recode guide was awsome, just wish i could use it on my hp laptop as well

13. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

Thanks for the great guide. It worked very well!

Only one question: If I am planning to watch one of these movies on my TV with the video out cable, should I use these same settings or bump up some settings (like the 320x224 res, or the bitrate, etc?) I watched a couple on my TV and they didn't look bad, but not great either.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help!