Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. rdnck115

rdnck115 Member

when is it scanning the memory though when i reboot Compaq comes up then it goes to a lil blinking line in the left corner then it goes to Windows Xp with the loading bar underneath it

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok you have Compaq, when turn it on then hit the break/pause key. It should stop booting.

3. bronx

bronx Member

The HDD is unlocked and I get an error 16.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

if you have error 16, your hdd is still locked. Try to do hotswap again, if xplorer360 read xbox hdd then restore the hdd.

5. FeNiX_01

FeNiX_01 Guest

Yeah i was wondering if one of you guys could tell me how to formate or upgrade my xbox hard drive i have found tutorials on using evox but i have a unleash x softmod done with the mechassault game and action replay if you could plz e-mail me or reply in the forum on how i can formate a bigger hard drive for my xbox im not a very technical person so try to explain it as simply as u can.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Hi everyone I need help, I'm trying to put a 120G HD in my Xbox, I got my old Xbox HD softmodded, I made a backup copy of eeprom but my eeprom copy say eeprombackup.bin, I used the XBOXHDM_V1.9 along with Shademand's Ready Made Xbox Softmod C & E folder. I try the eeprombackup.bin and all so try it as eeprom.bin with no luck but there is one thing I notice is when I transfer the eeprom file the extention (.BIN) is missing so I added the extention, I try to generate an Xbox HDD Password it said cant find the eeprom but I can lock and unlock HDD so I lock it using the password from my xbox and plug it up to my Xbox I get an erro 9, I unlock HDD and use Xplorer360 an error come up that say (No FATX partition found at requested offset), I have no idear what that mean even tho the error came up I can still read the partition 0 to 4, I can delete and tranfer files and folder to and from the HDD. I put the original xbox dashboard on the 120G HD and hooking it up and got an error 5. Can any one tell me what going on here, is there some thing I'm missing.

Soft modded with EvolutionX v+3921
    BIOS Version Original 4034
    Kernel Version--1.00.4034.01

8. Flacundo

Flacundo Member

I tried the hotswap several times, and no luck. Xbox360 does not find it.

I also want to thank you for taking your to time for help me and everyone else.

9. bronx

bronx Member

@ The Return

I tried to hot swap again and again, I've had no succuess.

I have a spare HDD, would I be able to use that one instead?

Thanks

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@hlp4me
    go here and talk to error55o. He just successfully upgraded his hdd.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/367408

@Flacundo
    tell me more about your xbox problems. which error code? How did you do the hotswap and connections?

@bronx
    When you do hotswap, make sure you disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd JUST BEFORE xbox goes to error 16.

So before doing hotswap, turn xbox on and off couple of times. Watch closely when xbox goes to error 16. Now you know the time, then do hotswap.

If you disconnect IDE calbe too early, the hdd still remain lock and xplorer360 will not read it.

11. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

Will this hotswap work even though my friend deleted errthing from the HD. I mean errthing from the E and whatever drives..

12. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

i got error code 16 and right now im looking at the stuff in the five partitions and i want to know how to copy everything from those partition to the pc and how to copy the ms dash to partition3.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Kinglion
    what error code do you have now? what do you see when turn xbox on?

@bigchriss
    since you have error 16, I suggest to use the Shademand softmod file 325MB. Just follow my instruction.

To copy files back and forth on xplorer360, you just drap and drop. It works just like Windows Explorer.

14. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

o.k. i will download it right now

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you try the MS dash?

16. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

how long are you going to be on because i will have you help me step by step when i get my hdd hooked up on my computer and get the 5 partitions on xplorer360, and finish downloading the soft mod

17. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

where do i go to download it faster because im downloading it from utorrent 1.6 and it is slow.

18. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

i click on the one called seedler.org the bittorrent source it wont show anything

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok if you can't donwload the softmod file now, then you need a working ms dash. do you have it?

20. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

i have the one from your link