1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Make XBMC Your Default Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by FuZ3, Aug 5, 2006.

1. bigbuck77

bigbuck77 Member

So it seems like everyone is having a problem with installing xbmc as default dash. I don't know if I want to attempt it but I don't have a e:\apps\ The apps and games were installed on the f:\ Should I still make one in the E:\ ?

Or should I not risk it?

2. zupahome

zupahome Guest

Omg it isn't that hard to do..
    I did this in 10 sec and it worked :p

3. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I suggest you follow this tutorial at your own risk. I haven't been paying attention to the Xbox modding scene and probably forgot most of what I knew. If you still want to follow this tutorial, I'm sure there are people here that could help you out, if needed.

Thanks,
    FuZ3

4. kmart17

kmart17 Member

WTF WTF WTF I GOT FKN BLACK SCREEN CUZ OF U!!!HOW THE HELL DO I GET MY SHIT BAK!!!

5. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Read other's posts before you post.

Try looking up 5 posts at @chunkhead.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

What's the matter with you ?, do you think it's acceptable to post stuff like that on the forums ?

7. kmart17

kmart17 Member

can i jst get some assistance

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

9. kmart17

kmart17 Member

forget it ima jst buy me a new box X(

10. maddened

maddened Member

I logged in just to drop my two pence, if you don't like it, i didn't make you read it.

I have followed hundreds of bogus or incomplete tutorials and hints and ideas from countless know-it-alls in so many forums it makes my head spin. I swear i have burned months of my time trying to figure out what the *u*k is being said. To people who don't understand this shit, you are speaking a foreign language.

Try to keep it simple, and thorough, and easy, or don't give advice at all dammit.
    And if you do not know what you are talking about, or only have a vague idea, or have only tested it once, THEN DONT ACT LIKE YOU KNOW! because you're the one responsible for the bad directions that potentially bricked someone elses investment.

good gawd if i get directions from a stranger that makes my car go off a cliff,then you better believe I am hunting that person down and taking their car.

"but YOU were the one driving, It's your own fault for listening."

that is just irresponsible baloney. (*steams from ears*)

11. darkrydec

darkrydec Member

ok i did wat it says to do for making xbmc the default dashboard... but when i finished it went to a black screen... does ne one know y??????.... i have to put mechassult back in and uninstall and reinstall the softmod now... which doesnt bother me... but i would like to have xmbc as my dashboard... the only thing is is it wont let me it just keeps goin to black screen after its complete? am i doing something wrong? i read and re read wat it says to do.

12. kmart17

kmart17 Member

yo ok so i broke my old modded xbox trying to unmod it after i got it to work from the xbmc incident and now i got a new softmodded xbox and i was dumb enough to use this tut agen and i got black screen so wat i did for wen this first happend i somehow downloaded the dashboard and burned it problem is this time i cant remember where to download it and what it exactly was so i need some help if yall kno what the download is or if yall can help me remember where to get it
    all i need to do is atleast get through to ftp my xbox to fix it

13. rev1

rev1 Member

Hello... First, I wish to thank the author of this thread for a job well done. I typed what I wished to do in Google, it directed me here and within little over 2 minutes, following step by step in the well written and illustrated tutorial, I had XBMC running as my new dashboard (old one was EvoX... Great Job :)
    Well, I do wish to apologize for necroposting, however, I've read thoroughly through every comment in this thread and haven't noticed a single mention of a problem I am experiencing with getting the MC360 skin to work properly:

I am able to switch to the skin (->Settings->Appearance) no problem... it loads up beautifully and looks great...
    However, no fonts appear on screen... at all...
    I've attempted cycling through the font oprion located on the same screen and even set MC360 as the skin and power cycled the XBOX to no avail...

Would anyone be so kind as to direct me toward a solution to this problem?

Thanks Much, In Advance...

Rev1