1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rnaval, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnaval

rnaval Member

I've been using DVD Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4 for a while now and just wanted to know if there were updates available for these programs or if other programs are now available with greater functionality. I did hear that DVD Decrypter has been discontinued, is there another substitute for this program?

Thanks...RN

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi rnaval
    No - no updates for either program. But there is a newer program - RipIt4Me that uses these 2 and is still updated to handle the newer stuff.

There's also DVDFab Decrypter is also still updated and you can use like decrypter to rip the movies.

All are free.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@rnaval - sorry if you didn't like the thread being closed or how i went about it but you react about it like this -

- now i thought the DVD forums were generally for the more adult posters here. (And as such i did mean to not put the above picture in my post, i usually only use that for the Console Forums here where i unfortunately 'spend' a lot of my time due to due kids running amok on the (very public) forums as if they're at school. That said, i still find it amazing that you spent the time to put that comment in my shoutbox.

We have a few rules here that people need to follow to allow the place to be a nice place to be for ALL posters, and the other moderators do things the same way i do. I don't like moaning in posts to people about things like thread titles etc but it's them thar rules that we all should follow.

And i'll finish by saying that the thread title rule is one that i enforce very often in the Console Forums, but hardly at all do i enforce it (or many other rules) in the DVD Forums as generally most people in these type of forums are either older/or know how to conduct themselves better (or both even)
    If i enforced the thread title rule more here in the DVD forums (for example) there'd be pages of threads closed (daily) and i'd have no time for anything else, never mind contributing to posts too, which i do very heavily (as well as moderating many forums), as anyone who frequents these forums will tell you.

To end my reply, see how i've responded to your comment and compare the maturity in which i've done so (i'm almost 40 by the way) to the way you wrote your comment...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  5. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Soz, read that comment on the link too little too late

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.