1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

It's good that you're helping all these noobs but no more lazy and annoying text speak pretty please

2. varnull

varnull Guest

That post is a good candidate for the incoherent thread award creakster XD

3. dj_dwn

dj_dwn Member

Vegeta... Arite mate, i need some help with SMB i cant get it to work?!

Cheers.

4. Doom64

Doom64 Member

It is simple.Choose a folder or an hard disk from your pc that you want to see on xbox,right mouse click,go to properties,and on condivision and mark the second square.Coose a name for it,and press ok.You will se that folder by clicking on samba on your xbox file manager/video section.

5. dj_dwn

dj_dwn Member

condivision?...

6. davidvs

davidvs Member

Please allow me to start by saying that the headline for this thread is the best I've seen. Also, I must apologize in advance for asking a question that may have been posed anterior to now (if in fact that is.) How does one successfully rip a 3rd wave 360 title while only using the hotswap method with Wxripper v1.2.0.42?

7. tigerland

tigerland Member

hi all i have an xbox 360 un modded and have downloaded all the dragonballz films for my son and my self but the rmvb wont play on the xbox ,now i could use imgburn and copy them to disc and would play fine on my xbox but i dont want to waste cds in doing this and would rather convert and put on my flash card and watch them this way i have tried so converting but it wouldnt take avi even after i had reg'd on xbox live and done the update it had asked ??? so if anyone could shine some light on this and help out i would be gratful thanks all and enjoy your sunday sorry about the double post

8. ellybelly

ellybelly Member

i am trying to get zelda parallel worlds on to my xbox. i can put roms on it by ftp, but i can't get this one to work. im guessing its because to get the game you have to patch zelda link to the past. i have been playing it on my psp and i would really like it on my xbox. thanks

9. wannapork

wannapork Member

I have a question. How can I repair my xbox 360? I have the two red lights.(overheating)

10. Who_U

Who_U Member

does the eeprom change on a modchipped xbox, or does it stay the same??

ta

11. tonutrica

tonutrica Member

hi i have a xbox classic console....and it's displaying a msg saying that the machine needs to be serviced by MS..........can u help ?

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

13. chicago73

chicago73 Member

please help me i deleted the 007 agent underfire from my save game and now i get the black screen HELP PLEASE

14. Vault121

Vault121 Member

A few years ago I was big into the softmodding thing but recently I found that I wanted more.

I bought an Xecuter 3 modchip and the Xapt3r solderless adapter, (also the X3 control panel but thats besides the point). Anyways my stock xbox hard drive quicky became filled from previous softmodding adventures.

I bought a 320 GB Western Digital Drive, installed and the X3 found it yadda yadda.

I used A.I.D. to format the drive and install Evox on it as well as many emulators, applications, the whole deal. but now, no matter what dash i install, I just cant get to it, the only dash i have been able to get to sucessfully is the original M$ dash and then the x3 bios.

I formatted everything correctly and prepared all the partitions but I cannot get my hacked dash loaded... I usually have three options: Boot to disk, boot to x3 bios, or boot to M$ dash.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated because I have a feeling im doing something wrong.

15. redwood39

redwood39 Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  16. ross25

ross25 Member

Hi everyone, I am having a bit of trouble. I recently bought a Western Digital Caviar 500gb IDE drive, and installed it into my XBOX. Everything has been working fine, I have been ripping my XBOX games to the drive nonstop (92 copied so far), but now I'm having a problem. My XBOX is telling me that I still have a little over 82gb of space left in the G: drive, but in the DVD2XBOX app, when the MB count on the hard drive gets down to about 82,604, the files STOP COPYING. The percentage bar at the top keeps moving and it says it's still copying, but the total percentage bar (the lower one) and the "MB left to copy" number stop counting, and when I go and check the folders, they're empty. No files have been copied. Has anyone else had this problem? I've done the math and I should have more than enough room to finish copying my games and have a little space left over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

17. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Did you format your partition that's over 137gb with 32k clusters?

18. ross25

ross25 Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Dude, I really do not know. I have seen that advice around a lot on the forums, but I couldn't find a clear understandable tut on how to actually do it. I guess at this point the best thing for me to do is to just take the HDD back out and rebuild it from scratch, the right way. So with that said, I have 3 questions for you:

1. Do you have any idea why my xbox would be telling me that I have 82gb of space that is not really there? (I think you've answered this one with the cluster thing)

2. Is there a formatting utility and procedure that you prefer above the rest?

3. Is there a utility that will allow me to put all of my remaining space to the F drive instead of having an F and G drive?

Oh also, just in case it's important, I have been using UnleashX to mod my box and format my HDD. Would it be better for me to use EvoX? I had read on some other forums that EvoX couldn't format a HDD larger than 137gb.

19. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

It doesn't matter what dash you use.

You can either download auto installer deluxe or download xbpartitioner.

You need to load xb partitioner and then press the back button, this will give you instructions on how to use the program. Only format the drive that's giving you problems. You'll lose all the information on that drive so make sure you select the right one, if you screw up you can hit the back button twice and it will reset the xbox.

DON'T PRESS START WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, THIS WILL FORMAT THE DRIVE

Play around with it a little and you'll get it figured out.

I would think that your problem would be data corruption but you have to remember it takes space for the file system. Usually for a 320gb drive you lose 20gigs due to the file system. I don't see it losing 80 gigs for a 500 gig drive so you should just reformat using xbpartitioner and try again.

I uploaded xbpartitioner for you
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DXMRKHL5
    Just unrar it and throw the folder to your xbox e:/apps

If you have any more problems or questions let me know.

20. ross25

ross25 Member

Thank you so much for the help. I'll give it a shot when I get home and let you know how it works.