1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter: Tried everything - will not work!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by awa13, May 29, 2008.

1. awa13

awa13 Member

I have followed guides, videos, changed settings - everything I can think of and I still can not burn to DVD. I can copy the files fine onto my HD, but when it comes time to WRITE them to DVD, when I go to the folder to select the compatable files, there are not any there!! (there are files there whe I use "show all", but not the ones I assume I need to finish the process).

Please, PLEASE help - it's annoying that I can not make this work!

Thanks!

2. awa13

awa13 Member

I forgot to mention I am using a Sony Vaio Desktop Computer, WindowsXP MCE SP3, 3Ghz P4 Processor, 2Gb RAM, 565Gb Hard Drive. My DVD-RW drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109. The blank DVD's I am attempting to use (doesn't matter cause I can not even get that far) are Memorex DVD-R.

Thanks.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

4. awa13

awa13 Member

Thanks. I clicked on the link you provided me, but when I got there and proceeded to click on the other links that I think you wanted me to do, they are all dead.

I thought DVD Decrypter was able to decrypt and burn any dvd? (does both) ???

Confused - please help.

5. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

awa13, what ? I just checked the link Locoeng gave you. They are good .

????????

6. LOCOENG

DVD Decrypter has been dead software for a couple of years now. Get DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip, DVD Shrink to compress and Imgburn to burn.

Easy peasy.

here is a good link: http://www.dvdplusvideo.com

7. awa13

awa13 Member

Once you click on that link, it takes you to a page with other links. None of those link work. The message reads: "This software is no longer available, this page is stored for archival puposes only.", for all of them.

Thanks.

8. awa13

awa13 Member

--------

Thanks for letting me know that software is dead - I had no idea cause it appeared to be working (operating) on my system. I will try your recommendation. Thank you again. :)

9. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

I checked all the links on the for free section, and they are all good. ?????????????????????

10. awa13

awa13 Member

-----

That's astonding ...

11. awa13

awa13 Member

--------

Astonding? Laff, meant astounding ...

12. LOCOENG

So where do we stand? Are you making progress or still need help locating a guide or any other help?

13. awa13

awa13 Member

Well, <sigh>, I guess I am just sort of stuck idle.

The link you sent to me, am I supposed to be able to find and download this DVDFab and IMGBurn there?

I already have DVD Shrink. I had downloaded it the same time I downloaded DVD Decrypter.

Thanks.

14. LOCOENG

15. varnull

varnull Guest

They aren't hard to find, or you can try a completely different method by opening the disk as a stream using vlc then recording the output :lol:

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I have one question for you awa13: are all your VOB, BUP, IFO files in the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive? If you ripped the DVD to the hard drive, some programs do not put the DVD files into a VIDEO_TS folder. DVDDecrypter might not be able to view these files unless it is in a VIDEO_TS folder! I know if I want to play a DVD that is on my hard drive using PowerDVD I have to have my DVD files in a VIDEO_TS folder before PowerDVD even acknowledges there is DVD files on the hard drive.

Even if DVDDecrypter isn't updated anymore the program still works on older DVDs and it still burns! It has always been a great program but just isn't updated anymore. There should be no reason why if you have a DVD ripped to the hard drive then it should burn to a blank DVD!

It is a known fact...... that if you can rip the DVD to the hard then you can burn that DVD! here are some guides for you:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/BBMayo_Guides.html

you have shrink ........ then you should be able to use that once it's on the hard drive ...... let shrink do the work for you!

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  17. awa13

awa13 Member

Thank you!! I agree with you completely. Ok, let me give some background on myself first. I am actually an IT Deaprtment Manager for a large firm in my town and I basically do everything from webpages, to writing programs & software to operate hardware, computer repair, removing viruses, etc.. (you get the idea), but I have never, ever burned a DVD. (some revelation, eh?)

Anyway, so I understand most of the logistics (or the basics) of what is going on, which is why it is driving me crazy that I can not figure out WHY I can rip a DVD to my Hard Drive, but yet, I can not turn around and burn them to DVD.

Whether I use DVD Decrypter OR DVD Shrink, there are NO "compatable" files created to select in order to continue the process.

You asked about the Video-TS FOLDER. There is a FILE called Video-TS, but where (ALL) the files are located after ripping (which would be a folder I created after reading instructions on how to rip with DVD Decrypter), there are no folders. None. Just files.

So, I am very confused and at an impass presently.

However, there is no way I am giving up on what has now become a personal quest for more knowledge and a resolution to this problem!

18. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

here is a ripped DVD on my hard drive:
    [​IMG]

Notice the files. They are IFO, BUP, VOB files! these ARE compatible files! If you used DVDDecrypter correctly, you have these kind of files in your folder of your choosing. then open up DVDShrink:

[​IMG]

after you picked your folder where your files are, this is what shrink looks like:
    [​IMG]

just hit back up or follow your guide to using Shrink.

19. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

oh, by the way..... those Memorex disks...... they are crappy media! Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden disks to avoid other problems! Just a helpful hint on what type of media to burn to.

also:
    what kind of files do you have?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008