1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

menushrink help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by emeralds, Nov 27, 2008.

1. emeralds

emeralds Member

if this fits in a better subform please excuse me.

i'm going to be burning my simpsons sets for the first time and want to keep these mostly great menus in tact unlike most of my sets though i'd still like to save some space where i can. using menushrink, i know how to keep the audio but is there a way to keep all the animation and just downgrade the overall picture quality or would that save such a minimal amount that it's not even worth the bother?

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

If you wish to still keep the animation, then use DVD Shrink and lower the quality for the menus as low as it will go.
    Someone else may, but I know of no way to do what you ask with Menu Shrink.

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

What do you want to save the space for? Usually people are trying to save space -remove(shrink) menus, remove extras, audio streams,... etc.-in order to preserve the quality of the main movie.I am not sure what your end objective is- "keep all the animation and just downgrade the overall picture quality".
    I understand that you want to keep the menus functionality. If you want the best quality possible for your menu, then compress the main movie as much as you can. You want the quality preserved for your main movie, shrink the menu to the max. Want to preserve everything, split the discs in two, keep the menus and everything;or use a DL disc.
    Maybe I can't read your questions well enough because of too much turkey( the lovely trypthopan!).

4. emeralds

emeralds Member

bit of a misunderstanding here. i use menushrink for all my dvd's because picture quality of the main movie (or in TV's case: episodes) are most important, but the simpsons sets are just one of those rare exceptions where i'd like to keep everything as it came. again, the actual episodes come first on quality but if there's a way to keep the menus in tact as well and just lower the picture quality some but still maintain the actual audio/animation, that's what i'd prefer.

5. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

6. joselepiu

joselepiu Member

hello I have a question...
    i mostly use dvdfabhddecrypter & dvdshrink...
    my quetions is: i mostly back-up just the movie but now I'm seeing more and more dvds with extras like interactive games that my kids love... now how can I back-up the movie and some of the extras like the games and keep the menus since most of the games work with the menus... i know there is MenuShrink can this app help me do what I need to do?...
    thx...