1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. redice

redice Regular member

does both of these players play full movie back ups that are created using BD RD on dvd+r dl disc?

2. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

Both work well, I'm not crazy about Sony's remote, but it has played EVERYTHING I've thrown at it.[/quote]

does both of these players play full movie back ups that are created using BD RD on dvd+r dl disc?[/quote]
    some told me the sylania's play everything, their player was a first generation one , I don't know about the NB530SLX for sure, apperently the sony bdp-s360 will play everything. I would like it if someone would verify that the nb530slx will indeed play back all bd encoded disks on dvd9 or 5...

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

YES!! and single layer DVD+r w/movie only Blu-ray backups

I would bet yes, I have the Sylvania NB500SL9, it does play everything and the one you're asking about is a newer model but usually they(brands) tend to be very similar in their traits, it's mostly features that change with the same but newer model.

Both the Sony and Sylvannia have played all the BD-RB full and movie only backups, plus all of Ripbot's backups. The only problems I've had is when I try to do a full mode backup using BD-RB of a Blu-ray disc that has "U-Control", not all but enough that I stay away from them in full mode backup. That's not the player's fault (I don't believe) and I now only do "movie only" backups with any Blu-ray discs incorporating this feature.

I would still recommend the Sony over the Sylvania even though the remote sucks it has many more features like audio sync, file mode, faster load times, more settings features to tailor to your system's audio and video, and many more to numerous to list.

Both these players are 3rd Generation players

they include advanced audio features, (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS audio playback, and both models support lossless formats including DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD).

Both models have HDMI 1.3 interfaces, can use a single remote control to operate the BD player, TV and other A/V products, each model is able to up-convert standard DVD discs to full HD 1080p resolution via the HDMI connection, thus allowing users to view older movies at the best possible quality.

Sony's image processor enables true 1080i to 1080p HD de-interlacing, not sure about Sylvania..

Hope this helps, BigO

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

One other thought, I just purchased a Philips BD player 7200 series because I got a really good deal. I'll let you know how it does, but if the past is any judge, it'll probably play everything I put in it including pizzas. Of all the Dvd players I've had(and that's quite a few including Yamaha, Pioneer, Bose, Sony, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, just to name a few ) the cheaper ones seem to be the most forgiving and Philips just seems to be the best of the bunch for compatibility and no frame freezing, skips, etc. The worst? Panasonic, hands down!! Anyway I'll let ya know...

Just a thought, since this is a BD rebuilder thread it's probably not the best place for hardware discussion, I'll post in the Dvd players section and post the address here if and when I have any more input.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  5. redice

redice Regular member

CURRENT VERSION 0.29.05 (September 21st, 2009)
    http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/BD-RBV02905.zip

- Corrected an issue in which, while the new audio
    delay routine in v0.29.04 was finding the delays
    correctly, they weren't being properly applied at
    remux. It should work correctly now.
    - Corrected an error in BATCH mode that could result
    in "RebuildFiles() 00075 2202" when output folder
    already exists.
    - Corrected an error in which small files that are a
    part of a multi-part movie-only encode could cause
    a "Can't open file: ...\VID_XXX.AVS.264"
    - Added code to adjust initial value when using CRF
    while resizing to 720p. Should reduce prediction
    passes.
    - Fixed an error in which sometimes (when PiP exists)
    the selection of 720p resizing was not following
    through in the encode.
    - Made changes to ensure that all 720p encodes held to
    BD specs -- especially when converting 29.97 or 25fps
    sources (requires framerate doubling).
    - Added "AssumeFPS()" to the AVS file when appropriate
    to make frame timing more exact.
    - Corrected an error in which resizing would not occur
    when destination space would not require encoding.
    - Added a new setting to the SETUP dialog that will
    convert standard definition (SD) sources (480/576)
    to 720p. This mode is useful for SAPs that always
    output in wide screen mode giving a "stretched"
    appearance to SD sources. It may also improve
    picture quality on some sources.
    - Added "--qpmin=0" to all command lines. This should
    reduce the likelihood of undersizing on high bitrate
    encodes.
    - Updated X264.EXE in zip distribution package to the
    latest (r1159) version.
    - Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.

6. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

BIG O:
    thanks for your replies, I appreciate it- I think I'll go with your recomendation and take the sony, it is 2 lbs lighter - I wonder what that has to do with anything, but it does have a good name, and they make some fine dvd burners, although that is probably a different department. I'll let you know how bd rebuilder full backups to dvd9's play. I just tried to shrink to BD25 doctor who: planet of the dead and it wouldn't encode the last video track, I guess j. doebbs still has some work to do, I hope he get's all the big bugs out soon...

7. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

have you disabled the Burn current disk(with Imgburn) or do i need to re-install imgburn?

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Not sure if this the answer you're looking for but here's a tip. I never use the burn w/ImageBurn option in BD-RB. Because BD-RB is still a work in progress not all movies come out correctly. Sometimes X284 screws up, sometimes the movie needs to be redone in movie only mode, sometimes audio is missing or not in sync, and a host of other problems. While j dobbs is improving it almost weekly and it is definitely the best thing going, it's still an evaluation software and still makes mistakes. I prefer to write to a work folder, then check the finished product in Power Dvd, if everything seems OK, then I open ImageBurn and burn to Dvd. These discs are too expensive to make coasters out of, especially the Blu-Rays. Besides, it's only a matter of 5-10 minutes more and when you're talking 4-15 hours, what's that in the big scheme of things?

To SLOVEHEAR :you're welcome, I think you'll be pleased

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  9. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

I also want to laugh when you said it will take all you throw at it - including pizzas - that was good. BTW, it is an excellent idea to preview with power dvd or tmt (arcsoft) to see if encode or even a Anydvdhd decryption is working well before wasting a BD disc possibly...not a waste of time at all! thanks BigO

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No problem! :>)

11. DFeKTiVe

DFeKTiVe Member

Hi guys great product but im having a bit of trouble with this. I have backed up The Dark Knight on my hard drive and have used BD-RE to encode and back up to a bd-r 50gb disk movie only with the True HD audio track. Now my Samsung BDP-3600 player won't play this disk. Says disk cannot be played. I put the disc in the BD drive on my PC and it plays just fine. Im using quality Sony disks. any help is appreciated as this seems to becoming expensive.

Thanks

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

It may be your player. Some brands simply won't play these discs. I know for a fact that Sony, Philips, and Sylvania BD players will. Panasonic won't and I don't think Samsung or Yamaha will either. I don't do firmware updates on any of mine either because that can cause them to malfunction when trying to play these discs as the industry further moves to prevent us from backing up our own BD movies. My PS3 is now hit or miss since I updated it this last time.

Also I prefer(as do most in the forum) Verbatim or Ridata discs. I've been backing up entire BD discs on DL's and Blu-Ray by these 2 brands w/no coasters due to disc error and I've been backing up Dvd's on these 2 brands for almost 7 years and have NEVER had one problem. They all play to this day perfectly. Verbatims have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Two things. First. BD-RE is rewritable which may be the issue with your player. Try a standard BD-R and see how it works.

Second: Discussing standalone players that work with BD-RB is a worthy discussion but it's also off topic on this thread. I do however think that it is on topic in this the following thread since it is a succeed or failed issue.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/769645

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  14. DFeKTiVe

DFeKTiVe Member

I have recently updated the firmware in my player, and i now relise since i have this update curtain backups wont play. I dont use BD-RE media only BD-R 50GB.

Thanks for the reply

15. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

Big O:

well I just got the sony bdp-s360 and yes it plays bd rebuilder full backup encoded to dvd9 - unlike my panasonic (panasuck) bd80, but in your post here you said updating firmware could cause playability of disks like these to go up in smoke as they try to stop folks from playing their 'disks'. I also have a panasuck digital camera, and although it wasn't my particular model - they came out with a firmware update which only allows one to use 'genuine' panasonic batteries, which cost a mint; nowhere was any notification of this - a month or so later, obcurely they put a message that the fw update did this - citing that third party batteries can be 'dangerous'.

So I agree that fw could be a bad idea, more that I am now worried that I shouldn't update the fw that is in the player now - 002 to 006 - in case your right in this case - that I could lose the whole reason I bought the player to begin with. I am just writing to say yeah, thanks for putting that out there and do you really think that it could end up a disaster, I do know that some playablility issues do get fixed with fw updates, so I am just in a dilemma now...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't - I don't like it...

16. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

is any one able to play any thing they've re-encoded! I cant seem to find my re-encodes since the latest update!

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Not sure what you're asking. Can't play on your PC or Dvd player or what? Also, what do you mean you can't find your re-encodes, they should be in your work folder where you directed BD-RB in setup.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, I'm able to play re-encodes. Just a guess! If you didn't select a working path for each movie then perhaps BD RB has been dropping them in the last working path that you set. Go see and look and see if you can find one really over sized folder.

19. bdnewbie

bdnewbie Member

Soph, you mentioned that you were able to back up in batches. Do I just select batch under option and set the queue and it will do it all and keep it all in the output "Working" folder?

Thanks

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

First you have to rip more than one movie. Then open BD RB and go to file at the top tool bar, then choose add current project to add current project to batch Queue. Make certain to create a different working folder for each re-encode.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009