1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 SDHC Upgrade

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Gamester1, May 3, 2009.

1. Gamester1

Gamester1 Regular member

Hi i have a R4 sdhc upgrade revolution wich i can not get to work does anyone know which kernel to put on please.

2. windlass

windlass Member

The software for this is R4 III SDHC Upgrade although it only says "R4 SDHC Upgrade" on the black box.
    I got the instructions and software from http://www.R4i.co.uk/r4.
    This site also has software for the DSi
    The software and instructions are the second ones on the list and the software file is R4_III.zip.
    Just copy the moonshell2 and the other 2 file directories to your microSD card root directory after formatting in Fat32.

It works for me !!!

3. cum2terms

cum2terms Member

hi i have the same cart with a 2gb micro card i have downloaded the firmware and put it on the tf card every loads up but when i try to select a game nothing works at all i cant go up down left right or press any of the buttons could you please help and tell me what i am doing wrong
    thankyou

4. EmoBoi94

EmoBoi94 Member

I also have the R4 SDHC upgrade with a 4GB SanDisk SD card and it keeps coming up with a red square with the words "? menu" in it also I have a R4 Revolution wich just keeps loading, any ideas?

5. EmoBoi94

EmoBoi94 Member

Sorry, its a 4GB SanDisk SDHC card

6. rstateman

rstateman Guest

r4 official site, should be

7. DSHacker

DSHacker Guest

SPAM

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  8. dailun

dailun Active member

AFAIK, r4 shdc upgrade revolution is not an official card, but one of those crappy clone cards.

Software from the official R4DS site may, but probably won't work since the R4 Revolution never support SHDC.

9. helpes

helpes Member

Hi does any one know why there is a message saying menu in red or just keeps loading,when i put in my r4 sdhc upgrade card. Please help

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

11. seldon86

seldon86 Member

I purchased a R4 SDHC UPGRADE REVOLUTION and was struggling to get it to work as it had no intructions with it but then i found a guide on the website after messing about for hours downloading and installing different ones and also a free download on the site as well.

I followed it and my card is now working perfectly. the website is www.r4i.co.uk/r4 this should take you to the software and guide download.

There is also one for the R4i SDHC UPGRADE as well. Just thought i'd add this as i had been struggling. Hope this helps

Happy Gaming

Mike

12. rstanley

rstanley Member

I bought a R4-sdhc upgrade Revolution for the Nintendo DS and after 4 hours I finally got it working right. Over the 4 hours, I got every error available. From the packaging it is hard to tell which version I had. The R4i-red kernal worked for me great. The package on these are very misleading and even mine was not red nor did it have an i on it any where. I think I must have tried every kernal at least twice except red. I hope this saves someone else the head ache I got. Randy

13. Goldy2814

Goldy2814 Member

Hi guys,
    Has anyone managed to get this card working. I am having the same problems as above.
    I have an R4 SDHC upgrade revolution card. I am also using a sandisk 4gb microsd card.
    I have tried that many different versions of the firmware and none work - the furthest I got was the stuck loading screen. Mostly I get the menu and ? sign.
    I am trying to sort out this card for a friend. I have cards for my kids who have a ds lite and a dsi and they both work fine. The micro sd card works fine when i put it in their respective cards.

14. seldon86

seldon86 Member

From my previous msg a few above yours " this should take you to the software and guide download."

Have you tried this yet? I messed about for hours but this download is from a site that sells the R4 SDHC Upgrade so it should work for you and its FREE. I've got 2 R4 SDHC cards and have used it on both with no problems. Try it and let me know

Mike

15. Goldy2814

Goldy2814 Member

Thanks for the reply - I did use this site and downloaded both firmwares. None worked.
    I think my mate must have bought a dodgy card - he bought it off the internet but not sure from where. Looks like he will buying another one.

16. dailun

dailun Active member

Do yourself a favor and don't buy anything with "R4" in the name.

17. seldon86

seldon86 Member

Well i can personally say that if you buy from r4i.com that their software work for their cards and the prices are good. I bought one with a 4gb card the 1st time and an 8gb one a month later and i have no complaints at all. Good value so get from there fella

Mike

18. seldon86

seldon86 Member

also ask him what site he got it from as they should supply the software for it so hopefully it should just be a case of just going to the site and downloading their software

19. beckstero

beckstero Member

20. albern001

albern001 Member

Here is the kernel to put on for R4 sdhc upgrade revolution,
    //http://www.yall.net/Latest-news-of-flashcards/update-r4-sdhc-v124-kernel.html//

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010