1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't back up Fists of Fury

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hogan, May 14, 2004.

1. hogan

hogan Regular member

Im' trying to back up my copy of Fists of Fury. Movie plays fine, I've watched it a few times. I first tried DVD SHRINK with NERO. At around 97% analize shrink locks up and says it has found an error. I've also tried DVD DECRYPTER with the same results. Around 97% it keeps "retrying" to copy but won't go past there. These three programs have worked great in the past. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Hogan

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Do you mean your original of Fists of Fury or your copy of Fists of Fury.

Found an error. What error?

Sounds like a bad disc either way.

3. Braxas

Braxas Member

Look at the bottom of the disc. Any scratches/marks etc on it that might make it uncopyable? I'd try just running your shirt or a dry cloth on the underside gently a bit and see if that cleans it up enough to get it to read through properly.

4. hogan

hogan Regular member

This is the original. I've wiped it with a soft cloth and checked the back for scratches and see none. In DVD SHRINK in get "DVD SHRINK encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "F:\". Incorrect Function."
    This happens at around 97%.
    I even watched the movie again to see if it played ok. It did. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Hogan

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

6. hogan

hogan Regular member

Thanks for all the good advice but when I took a closer look at the disc there were lines in it. Not surface scratches, but lines inside the disc. I figure this happened when the disc was made. The movies plays ok but I guess the line makes it hard to back up. Has anyone else heard of this. I've had the movie for a few years.
    Thanks all, Hogan