1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to satellite - thinking of a Blade Media 7000S ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by PartyGurl, Sep 19, 2011.

1. maxstrength

maxstrength Guest

Could smoggie66 send me on the PM too please, thanks

2. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

Hi smoggie66

Any chance you can pm me that too.

Thinking of joining the sly route and could do with some advice.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. lindylou

lindylou Member

Could some kind soul please send me the pm too?
    krypt is all over the place... time to look up to the sky.

4. trainman11

trainman11 Member

Hi Sorry smoggie66 could you send me a pm , blade arriving this week and dont have a clue what i am doing but with your pm i might.

Thanks

5. piopat

piopat Active member

6. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

gee - stop me if you've heard this before... BUT...
    I too have been tempted with the underground whispers concerning this wonderous box and what it allows one to do...
    but, apparently the box alone is not sufficient to do what i wish... I already have a Skydish and a fast broadband server... and yet there is a missing piece to the puzzle.
    perhaps someone would be kind enough to elucidate further BEFORE the NFL season starts.
    A word of warning.. I am not merely technologically challenged but rather technologically INEPT... I tried to read the excellent tutorial kindly posted by piopat but got lost in the details of outside servers and c-line flashing and such...

and I thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Yes its called reading the thread and re-reading the tuts, make yourself familar with the info thats in them, terminology etc, thats as simple as it gets, if you dont understand the tut, I suggest you perhaps get someone who does and can help you, its clearly explained whats needed and how to do it, the cline part, you need to sort out yourself, we dont openly discuss them or advise where or who to get them, board rules

What your asking is for someone to go over it again, Pat made it as simple as possible to do. Folks are here to help, but you need to read up and take it from there,

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  8. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

so all the other people in this thread asking for help are different... how?
    and those who request information via PM are ... what.. breaking the rules also?

It may well be clear to those who know what flashing is, or c-lines are... but, IF YOU DON'T then it doesn't matter how many times one reads the thread/tutorial.
    I didn't understand the tutorial... so I asked someone to help me...

apparently, that won't be you.

9. piopat

piopat Active member

flashing is the name we use for the process of putting the tv software into a box . the tv software can have different names ,for instance the tv software for a blade bm7000 or an openbox s9 is called firmware where as the tv software for a dreambox is called an image .

there are a few ways to flash a box (depending on the box you have )the blade bm7000 has a usb slot on it which really makes flashing the box quite easy .to flash a blade bm7000 you need
    1/a usb memory stick (it doesnt have to be fancy or expensive )
    2/ the patched blade firmware

simply put patched firmware is really the same as genuine original firmware however its modified ,its modfified to include a cam or cams and its modified to allow you to enter a c line ( ill talk about c lines in a bit ) .putting it very simply patched firmware is required to open pay channels ,where as if you just used regular non modified firmware you would only have access to all the free (unscrambled channels )to air channels .

so when you have a usb memory stick you insert it into a usb slot on your computer ,you then go online and download the latest patched version of the blade bm7000 firmware ,when downloading the firmware you download the firmware to the usb memory stick .

now you have the firmware on the usb memory stick ,now safely remove the usb memory stick from your computer and insert it into the usb slot on the blade bm7000 . now you use the box menu to upload (to send the file) the file to the box ,thats explained in the tutorial . once the firmware is uploaded you have to go through the installation process (you have to do that with any box ) ,this just setting your language ( i assume english) and setting time and date and choosing a satellite (i assume the sky satellite which is called astra/eurobird 28 east )and then you scan that satellite for channels . after that you should have all the free to air channels .

that brings us to c lines . firstly in order to use a c line your box must be connected to your broadband router at all times ,obviously at night time when your asleep and not using the box you can swithch the box and router off .

a c line is basicly a line of info ,simply put it acts like a phone number .if you type your friends number into your phone your phone then connects with your friends phone and you can speak to each other .well a c line works in a simillar way . here is an example of a c line C:sever.dyndns.org 12000 user101 pas101 (this c line is only an example and does not work ) ,as you see it starts with C: thats why its called a c line .

when you have a c line you can put it into your box using the box remote ,or you can upload it in the same way as you upload the firmware .when the c line is in the box and your box is connected to your broadband the c line will allow your box to connect to whats called a server ,when your box connects to the server the pay chanels will open . this is not a hack and the server is paying for these chanels ,so you will only get the pay channels the server is paying for . usually servers have a full package which is all basic pay channels ,all sky movies including disney channels ,all sky sports including espn channels ,but you may or may not recieve additional channels but that depends on the server .

a c line is not free ,you have to buy it but you can probably buy one for about £10 a month maybe less .

10. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

thank you.. I REALLY appreciate the time you have taken to attempt to overcome/bypass my natural inability to comprehend anything much more complex than a light bulb. Luckily I learned all my computer stuff before I hit my mid 60's, eh?
    I really meant it when I thanked you for your tutorial, and I really HAD tried to follow it - it makes much more sense now.... so, well, thanks again.

After now getting a clearer picture of what's actually going on with this Blade-type system - which appears to be little more than a more complex version of back in the seventies when an apartment complex would all chip in and get one cable-tv subscription and then let everyone run a coax off it.... right?

and, since the only possible use I have for this squirrelly and apparently illegal by-pass for pay-tv is to watch about four months worth of NFL games that Sky wants my first-born for, it probably isn't worth the initial £150 PLUS a monthly fee. If I wanted all the movie channels and year round sports, it might make more sense... at least for me personally.
    So, I think I'll go back to my wind-up world and thank my stars that i don't have to learn anything further about stuff that frightens me.
    and, once again, I thank you for your time and your consideration... and your knowledge.

11. piopat

piopat Active member

your wellcome any time

12. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

Can you not go down the cable route and get a KV Box?

13. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

I don't know what that is...

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

you need a cable supplier like vm to supply a signal via coaxial and a kryptview a780 cable box and an internet supplier to open the channels.same as older boxes like eurovox,starview,digivox.etc that no longer worked because of no lan ports.

15. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

Hmm - Thanks for the suggestion but if I have to first buy the hardware and then get another subscription to a cable channel, I'm not sure that such a system is any better than simply paying Sky for their premium sports channel for a few months...
    doncha think?

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

ehh no, once you have a live cable feed and internet, basic cable service even, the Kryptview will give you all the premium chans free, no other charges after that, you gonna need the internet anyways to get a sat box working for other chans, no box is gonna wpork standalone now without being connected to the internet

17. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

I have had my KV Box on for nearly 2 years now, initial cost including Homeplugs less then £200. Saving on Sub atleast £60 a month. May have the odd glitch but I am very happy, after all its free premier sub TV.

18. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

Progress has been made...
    thanks to one of the A+ readers of this thread I am (about to be) the proud owner of an Openbox S11....
    I have help with "improving" it and all seems good so far...
    but, of course, more answers automatically create more questions.
    here's the situation..
    Currently, I have an ISIS media box hooked up to my upstairs TV and to my LAN ethernet (through an ethernet box plugged into the household electric socket) and, using the UPnP option on the media box, I can access and watch any of the movies on my downstairs computer (iMac) which, of course, is also accessing the same LAN. This is apparently achieved with the help of a piece of software on the computer (called "playback") and this also allows my son to watch the same computer movies on his X-Box.

HOWEVER, this same UPnP setting on the mediabox allows me to access another computer in the house that does not have this "playback" software installed...

SO - the question is.... since my new openbox is accessing my LAN through the ethernet connection to the router, and will probably have it's own IP address, is there any chance that it may also show up as an option in the ISIS menu and allow me to watch the openbox signal upstairs without having to have an actual cable from the openbox output to the TV or the ISIS?

It's not the end of the world if it doesn't work.. and I'll give it a shot anyway, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else had similar experience.
    Thanks, as always, for the help.

19. bukhtu

bukhtu Guest

hi guys,

if someone also can pm me,

many thanks.

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

PM you with what?