1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galaxy SIII run iOS

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by Nero818, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Nero818

Nero818 Member

Apologies in advance.

Without going into to much detail at this moment. I like my iPhone4 however the Samsung galaxy S3 seems to have a lot to offer. If I got the galaxy and didn't like android....is there any relem of possibly "jail breaking" or a process similar iOS onto the Galaxy?

I just thought it could be quite cool.

Cheers,

Nero

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

why the hell would you want to put that crap on decent hardware?.. seriously.. your "I don't like android" comes from what experience?.. trying one full of phone company bloatware in a shop??.. never going to happen.. not in the lifetime of either device (about 6 months these days) because the crapple garbage iToss only supports their proprietary hardware.. You have a lot more chance putting android on your iTampon :)

3. Nero818

Nero818 Member

I think you should re-read my posed questions. Key word was"if" as I have no android experience....and henceforth asked if such software could be crossed over between devices.

It's not an English lesson however, on the aspect of reading and writing use capitals appropriately in your next rant. For now ill assume you wrote using an android device and we can blame that.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if both used same hardware\chipset then maybe ios can ne put on but as both are totally different hardware\chipset then no go. is like trying to install windows on a non intel cpu mac computer, it won't work.

5. Nero818

Nero818 Member

Makes sense. Cheers Ddp.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem.

7. Famouskid7

Famouskid7 Member

8. mikkox9x

mikkox9x Member

It makes no sense put IOS to it, even if it were possible. If you want Apple buy it.

Only if you are not satisfied with the Android menu solutions. How about custom ROM:s, or something a simple Launcher that mimics a IOS (If it exists)? Android is highly customizable operating system.

For example, MIUI is one like that. It copies the IOS menu structure, still including all Android features.

http://miuiandroid.com/community/

However, phones rootting needs a little familiarization. Google tells more. Or:
    XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1566

Warning, do not do anything if you are not sure what are you doing. It is possible to make brick for it.

9. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member