1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Web Update A780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Originally posted by Cactkid.

i would have said remove coaxial cable to update box as the update is through the lan port
    the reason i mention this is any info can only be taken in by lan as the coaxial cable is unplugged.
    are your cables old or new and connection are good and tight.

Hi Cactkid.
    lan port......is that the ethernet plug your refering to, to keep plugged in and remove coaxial cable to do s/w update.
    What cables are you refering to old or new, good & tight? My coaxial cable is what was put in by vm about 7/8 years ago, it is connected in the corner of my room from the small white box and runs directly into the back of my kryptview box.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

lan cable is ethernet/cat5 ,it was the coaxial cable i was referring to ,when you say your room is that main viewing room or in bedroom via a splitter,main coaxial feed as it enters house is where it is strongest,the connections on the coaxial cables can be loose and cause problems.

3. noideame

noideame Regular member

fair point. other way worked for me but may not work for others.

4. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Cactikid.

lan cable is ethernet/cat5 ,it was the coaxial cable i was referring to ,when you say your room is that main viewing room or in bedroom via a splitter,main coaxial feed as it enters house is where it is strongest,the connections on the coaxial cables can be loose and cause problems.

My VM main junction is outside on wall, i have a line coming into the inside front room on a little white box in the corner of the room, i then have (coaxial) cable plugged in here to the back of my box where my tv/a780 is, also i have another line coming out of Main Junction Box Outside and goes round the back of my house into upstairs BACK bedroom where other tv/a780 box is.
    I also have a connection for my Broadband which is in Upstairs FRONT Office, where my PC, Router and Ethernet Plug Is, I can see the (coaxial? Broadband?) cable on the outside front wall of my house and goes up into my office.
    So plitters? Not sure if i have one?

Will have a go tonight to do as instructed in thread #59 as Noideame

If no joy will try again but without Coaxial cable as Cactikid suggests.

Again any reason why i have to pull out router plugs every so often (Daily) when i lose internet connection/no signal (picture) on tv?

5. bzqwx2

bzqwx2 Member

I know there has been lots of discussion on this thread, but could somebody assist us all.

My KV box has April 2012 software on it but all channels are scrambled except FTA. I have rescanned using right Net ID. Took cable feed out, tried LAN update, nothing been trying now for three days.

Is there nowhere where we can get Nov 2012 bin file for all that cannot do lan update?

I know there has been a couple of updates since april, is that why all non-fta channels are scrambled?

6. e45

e45 Regular member

Check your vermin website there are area problems all day, there is no file available other than what you download from the net via the remote

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  7. bzqwx2

bzqwx2 Member

I have a Tivo which is working fine, changed that for KV, can get FTA only but not paid for channels. KV wont do the over the air update stays searching for new update

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

how do you know you have the correct net id as they and providers may have changed,if you have a vm box get the correct net id off that.

9. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

[ & Laptops in the house, or do i need a new router or ethernet plugs?[/quote]

1) So EVERYTHING PLUGGED IN (coaxial cable? ethernet plug?) and do a s/w update and then Factory Default Reset. YES

2) Then disconnect the Ethernet Plug out of back of box.YES

3) Keep Main Feed Coaxial Cable Connected to Box as in Q 1)YES IF YOU HAVE NO SPLITTER

4) Scan for Channels Auto-Search.YES

5) Plug Ethernet Plug Back in to box.YES

6) Power Search Mode ON or OFF? MINE IS ON

No need to turn box on/off at the back anytime doing this? TURN OFF AFTER FACTORY RESET THEN BACK ON BEFORE DOING AUTO SEARCH[/quote]

Hi All, got the house to myself, wife & kids out, now have done all as in above, tried it on all 4 Networks, and everytime it goes back to easy installation page, some networks like Ntl & Chhorus lots of 'already exist' no Network ID of Oxford comes up anywhere. No TV or Radio channels come up on list, just back to Easy Installation Page, going to go up and Transfer data from other box.......again......until this can be sorted.....so what now please?

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

you mentioned oxford,somebody from that area posted this.
    got mine up and running today,
    ex c&w
    chan 35
    freq 682.25
    256 quam
    hope this will be of help for area, a mate tuned it in for me

think with all this new stuff happening maybe scanning settings changing.

11. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

cactikid

AfterDawn Addict
    you mentioned oxford,somebody from that area posted this.
    got mine up and running today,
    ex c&w
    chan 35
    freq 682.25
    256 quam
    hope this will be of help for area, a mate tuned it in for me

think with all this new stuff happening maybe scanning settings changing.

First of all Have Transferred Data again, and working ok, had a look to Manual Search what you have mentioned above but could not change channel it just stuck on no! 1 and can not change it up to 52, same with the frequency not unless there is a different way to change it?

12. eileen59

eileen59 Member

hi, i took lan cable out, did factory default, then went into user preference, scrolled to delete all channels , then went to sat./t.p.edit, on ex-c&w changed the qam to 256, then back to menu, auto search, oxford tp came up only one, it scanned only got tp of 49, switched it off plugged the lan back in seems ok just now, some plus 1 channelss missing, so dont know if i should go back in and change the qam again,, wont try just now as i'm getting fed up with tuning and retuning, only had it a week and its driving me mad, cant seem to get the 55tp that we should have, the most i have had is 50, and today 49, so i know i am doing something wrong, but dont know what, its just trial and error with me just now, hope this is of some help to you

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

maybe they are changing some areas over and need to alter settings,some sat boxes miss channels because the info on the box is old and the tp missed,dont know if any info of use can be got from a vm box?

remember if local breakdown on vm it will mean missing channels.

14. mks2001

mks2001 Member

Hi E45, Please mate where can I get a new A780? I have tried my older supplier from fb but not answer.

Thanks

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

try topsat or lincsat nick nacks

16. gerbo1958

gerbo1958 Member

NEW S/W UPDATE 29/11/12

17. mks2001

mks2001 Member

Thank you, I have looked both sites and it seems like lincsat is cheaper than topsat. Other thing is to know if I have to do any work on the *ox or is going to come already done (in term of firmware). The last one I bought I didn't do anything just plug in and scan, and that was me.

Thanks

18. mks2001

mks2001 Member

19. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

where is the new update,i just done another s/w update on the box and it said that its already updated 11/11/12

20. noideame

noideame Regular member

not a complaint just a question, why are all +1 channels missing..

yes i have all updates etc etc etc.