1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

hello all,

ive been using nero6 since it came out without any issues until 1-11-05 updates . the problem is i think some thing is wrong with the latest update of nero vision express 3 namely recode2 . i did all the updates except for incd of course like i usually do . the problem is i can import the movie fine and burn right till the end and it fails just before finalizing . i have never had this problem before . i would post the log but i am unable to . i uninstalled and reinstalled , redownloaded thinking i might have had a bad download which didnt help . i used clean tools from neros site before reinstalling and still doesnt work right . i reinstalled the previous version that i had saved and it works fine . is anybody else having a problem with the latest update for nero vision express 3 version 3.0.1.18 ?
    i reinstalled version 3.0.1.14 and it works perfect like it always did . the rest of the updates seem to be ok except for nero vision express 3 . i cant seem to figure out whats wrong here other than there is some thing wrong with that update . has anyone else tried these updates out yet ? if so did you have any problems like this and what did you do to correct this if anything ? thanks in advance

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I updated all the updates for Nero 6 (nero vision 3) and use recode2 as well and mine burn perfectly. So no issues in updates on my end.

3. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

ok i tried again today . i cleaned the system with nero's clean tool again and cleaned up the registry manually and purged my system of nero and all of its contents .
    i reinstalled the latest updates entered my serial numbers and all went well . now i tried recode again and it does everything fine , importing , analysis , but fails at 100% when its suppose to finalize for some unknown reason . it burned to the dvd+r @4x but the dvd will not play . i reinstalled the previous version of nero vision express last night and that works fine , no problems at all . i saved the log file but have not figured out how to post it here .
    im running xp pro and am using the hardware listed in my sig . im almost thinking its having a problem with the booktype . here what i get when it fails while using recode2.
    this under the event part.
    book type automatically set to dvdrom
    burn process started @4x ( 5,540kbs )
    advanced analysis started
    advanced analysis completed successfully
    compiling dvd volume started
    scsi command aborted
    scsi command aborted
    writing file to disc failed
    booktype set to dvd+r
    burn process failed @4x (5,540kbs)

thats what i get after it burns right to the end just before it finalizes . i dont get this with the previous version of nero vision express . i would think if there is something wrong with my machine that it would do this with either version .
    i use anydvd and clonedvd2 they work fine no problems burning at all . am i missing something here ? thanks for any help

4. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

well i came to the conclusion that this definitly is a problem with nero recode2 . i flashed my firmware , uninstalled the controller , uninstalled nero , cleaned machine , reinstalled nero , and it just does not work right . as i said above the previous version works . i just finished backing up without a paddle and the village with anydvd and clonedvd2 and it worked flawless . nero recode would not work to burn these movies after i saved them to my hard drive . i guess i will stick with the previous version of nero vision express until nero gets this fixed . the only burning software i have on my machine is what i have listed here so its highly doubtful that im having a conflict between different burning programs . i have eliminated everything i could to try to narrow down this problem and it is hopeless .

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  5. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I've had a problem with the last 2 revisions of Recode. They won't read virtual drives contents. The 2nd newest version returns just blank contents on a disc. The one released on the 10th returns just The parameter is incorrect. Plus, when these versions of Recode are installed, the same problem occurs in DVD Shrink, which makes some bit of sense since they're pretty much the same app by the same guy. When the last known good working version is installed, Shrink works, too. Weird.

6. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

hello dbminter ,

i dont have any virtual drives installed but im convinced nero blew it with these updates . the last time i tried these updates again i didnt get the scsi command aborted anymore instead it was invalid block address . its funny how the previous version works and so does clonedvd2 without a problem . this is what makes me think nero didnt get it right with these updates . im surprised i have not seen more people with these problems which made me think it was my setup until i tried everything i could to get this to work and its not going to work . not without a update for a update .

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  7. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Well, I have heard some weird things that make me question what's going on. In addition to this one I've encountered, I've heard that the latest 6.6.0.5 Nero has a problem even just opening "properly." It's a minor "bug," true, but, it appears to not properly redraw itself. The right side of the window docks with the Nero version splash screen so the only way to run it maximized is to run Nero, minimize it, and then restore it maximized. IF that's there, I don't know as I held off on it after testing the new NVE to see if it still had the problem, it's a realtively unimportant bug... but, one that shouldn't have escaped into the wild because it appears RIGHT on start up. ;) That would seem to indicate that 6.6.0.5 wasn't even tested before release.

8. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i agree that not much testing must have been before the release of these updates . but i have done my own testing on both of my machines and it seems as there is problem . both of my machines are up to date as far as drivers go and patches from microsoft . i get no error reports in the event viewer , no problems in the device manager , burner firmware is up to date , tried 4 different brands of media -r and +r 4x and 8x with no change . i also have the latest available motherboard updates . the next test im going to do is format and reinstall xp pro as it only takes 15 minutes to install from a format with my raid setup . after my clean install i will only install nero6 updates and post my results . this will be my final test and if it does not work i will begin to contact nero on this issue . wish me luck

9. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Well, I just finished my final test: factory install image restored, Alcohol installed, Nero 6.6.0.5 installed, NVE 3.1.0.18 I think is the version, installed. Same problem, but, at least it's returning the Parameter is incorrect error on VTS_01_0.VOB now, as opposed to returning nothing before. Plus, Nero 6.6.0.5 did have the redraw error on starting.

Maybe Nero should have stuck with the company name Ahead? LOL J/K

10. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

im done with all of my tests also . i did a complete format and install of xp pro and did all the microsoft updates with service pack 2 . i loaded the latest motherboard updates , flashed the bios to the latest also , loaded the latest updates from nero's site .
    i imported the movie with nero recode and that works fine and it burns to the end like it did before and just before it finalizes it fails with the same old invalid block address error again . this is really pissing me off now . this used to be great software ( notice past tense ) nero really wrecked this software this time ! i am not using a oem version of this software either , it is retail .
    these updates should have never been released but nero doesnt care as they already got my money and will not get anymore in the future . to get help from nero on this is a three ring circus . im going to keep using the previous version that actually worked until nero fixes this .
    i have ruled out every option to figure out what exactly is the problem here and it is not my machine or the software on my machine . this is the only software that doesnt work as it should . microsoft has blew it with some of their updates in the past and i guess its nero's turn .
    it is fair to say that nero vision express 3 is worthless at this point . i have never had any trouble with this software until i did the updates .
    my advice to anybody that is reading this , DON'T UPDATE NERO ! you will have nothing but problems with the latest version of nero vision express 3 , 3.0.1.18 !!!!!!

11. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I wish Nero would make Recode a separate update like it used to be instead of lumping it into the NVE install. Because, thus far, it only appears to be Recode's problem. But, I know of no way to install NVE without Recode.

12. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Might want to try the latest NVE build, 30127. Its Recode fixed the mounted images problem from the last two revisions. Nero 6.6.0.6, though, still has the redraw error on starting.

Spoke too soon. I'll just link to the new post to save some time: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/135545

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  13. Matzo

Matzo Member

I concluded that Nero has (purposely?) changed their software somewhere between versions 6.3.1.25 (Sept 2004) and the current version of 6.6.0.6 (Jan. 2005). First I discovered that Recode2 failed right before finishing the the disc burning process (I made a lot of coasters trying to find out what was wrong). I then tried burning a decrypted movie with Nero Express and saw that the red folder (labeled VIDEO_TS) and the yellow folder (labeled AUDIO_TS) were missing! This meand there was no VIDEO_TS folder in which to place my decrypted movie files into! Therefore, I couldn't create a back-up copy of my movie. Finally, I grew tired of playing games and reinstalled my only saved previous version of Nero. I had trusted Ahead Software to deliver a good product. Anyway, version 6.3.1.25 works great - Recode2 as well as Express.

What makes you folks think that Nero has not been intentionally changed, possibly due to pressure from DVD movie producers, etc? Nero has up till now been a first-class software package- not on account of luck, but due to top-notch software design and testing. If the tech support folks at Nero have been hesitant to fix the problem you can be sure that what we've been experiencing has been no accident. That's my opinion but it makes no sense otherwise.

14. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Discovered a similar mounted drive problem in Nero Vision Express! If you try to load material from a mounted virtual drive, it BRIEFLY displays the contents for a second or two and then the entire application just closes. It crashes, but, does not return a box say it crashed. It just closes.

Discovered this was also on the JLMS 166s DVD drive. Read the disc on the NEC 3500a, though. Bigger bug, though, in the latest NVE's menu creation. It doesn't properly create links on the last page of chapters. One time, it created links that only referenced the Main menu and Previous buttons. One time, it created the menu buttons that referenced other buttons, unlike before, BUT NO player would highlight ANY of the buttons when the page was loaded! :eek: Regressed back to the pre-buggy Recode build of NVE.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  15. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

These statements just my opinion, of course. :)

Usually, if the MPAA or RIAA, etc. forces a software to do anything, it's completely shut down. Not alter itself so it doesn't work. Unfortunately, the usual cause of a rash of errors is either untested or poorly tested beta marks or an influx of new people. Either on the corporate side or the programming side. Remember that Ahead recently changed its name Nero, and, corporate name changes usually do not come without corporate shuffling, too.

So, I doubt it's a forced thing. After all, they'd force it on DVD Shrink, too, since they are, essentially the same product.

16. Matzo

Matzo Member

I thought I would give the folks at Nero a chance to prove me wrong. I decided to write them an email from their site and brief them on the bugs in their program. Months ago I sent them an email (not related to any bugs in their software) and they immediately sent an automated response to my mailbox. They thanked me for writing and assured me that a tech support member would personally contact me within the next couple of days. And they did! I was able to resolve the problems I was having. It was a different story this time, however. I received NO automated response thanking me for taking the time to write them, and NO promise to contact me in the next couple of days with the solution to my problems. I've been waiting 4 days now, and no response from them. They just act as though they never got my email (however, I know they did because I sent it twice). I think they're ignoring the emails that are not praise-worthy. If you want to talk to them you'll have to pay $1.29 per minute (That comes to $77.40 per hour).
    I really doubt calling tech support will be of any benefit. A "three ring circus" is a good way of putting it - except that I'd be the clown.

17. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

the part that really bothers me is this software used to work great until these updates . yes the support is a three ring circus . and i did not pay good money to be a beta tester . these updates should have been tested before being released .

18. Annny

Annny Guest

Hi im using Nero6 for copy some X Box games.....But i have a probleme with the recording 2 X it wont work...
    Just 4X The game ( Samurai Warriors) dont work and the need for speed underground too PLS can someone help me...!!!!!!!!Im new in this !!!!!!

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Glancing at this thread I see no way to offer services if no one will post at least a Nero log.

Everyons says they are using Nero to copy BUT noone says what Nero program they're using. Are you NeroVision, Nero Burning ROM OR Nero Express ?

and PLEASE, if you wish some help, post a log so the information will be available -

Thanks,

Pete

20. Annny

Annny Guest

Hi again....
    i've tried with nero express and now nero rom
    but it copy 2 X but the copy i did still not working......I realy don't know what to do now......The other games are ok but some are not
    sorry if i wasen't clear on the programme i use.....