1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining 2 DVD-5 to one disc with menu function

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gimpie, Oct 26, 2004.

1. gimpie

gimpie Member

I have been backing up some great cartoon network cartoons. My question is, is it possible to rip 2 dvd-5 and put them on 1 disc. I am sure it is possible and I have spent a couple days searching for some answers. I copied them with shrink and burned with decrypter, but would like to put them on 1 disc as they are not very large and quality isn't great on the cartoons anyway. I would like to maintain some form of menu function.

Can this be done? What programs would I need to use, I am sure it involves some reauthoring, which I am not familiar with, yet. I have only been playing for about a month and have managed 30 flawless backups using shrink and decrypter, I just would like to save a few discs if possible.

Thanks,

gimpie

2. dimad

dimad Regular member

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Another idea is to use DVD Lab.
    It can take your VOB files as input and you can add a menu for them.

Adder.

4. gimpie

gimpie Member

Thanks for the input. It seems really easy to use DVD Remake Pro. I just don't like the $40 cost. I think I can stick to having a few extra discs lying around for awhile.

gimpie

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

gimpie, big mistake LOL.

Seriously, when you get the bucks, invest in DvdReMake.

It's the best authoring tool out there. I just joined a flipper disc(A Time To Kill), with 2 seperate menus onto one disc using only one menu I created with remake from the originals to go to all scene selections, bonus features, etc.

After running the finished files thru RB/CCE, the end result is perfect with no noticeable loss on quality.
    DRM is the best! :>)

6. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@gimpie, in time the discs and time saved will pay for the program :)

you also get the other useful features so you can strip the crap they insist on adding which can increase quality if you ever compress ;)