1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWEGG SUCKS!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by THUNDER66, Dec 10, 2004.

1. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

just figured i drop my experience about dealing with newegg.com . I recently purchased some dvd's and had a problem with a couple of them. I understand that they are sometimes bad batches, so i really wasnt upset. I called newegg back and asked them about the problem.I told them i wasnt looking for free ones, just maybe some advice or piece of mind about their company. The woman I spoke with explained because of the two coasters i threw away, because they were wasted, i couldnt get a replacement. I was "OK" with that. The rep then told me that she could wave the shipping and OVERNIGHT any item i wanted to purchase as a replacement. So I thought, maybe a good time to order my new burner. She said if i went online and ordered it right now, she would upgrade it and i would have it tomorrow. I was actually happy up to this point. I emailed her and she acknowledged that it was all set.
    Today i unplugged my whole system, and started to take apart the tower getting ready for my new burner.
    Late in the day today, no deliveries. I then called newegg. They told me my item was being processed as we speak. I then told them it was supposed to be delivered TODAY. they said it wasnt going to happen. I then kinda got upset and asked to speak with a manager. She was not pleasant at all. (probably picked on as a kid and no dates lately). I explained all the promises, and the confirming email that stated it would be overnighted ( and delivered today, Friday).
    he reply was AND I QUOTE "TO BAD SO SAD". I was shocked. She told me she could take $5 off my next order. I told her i was LIED to once NEVER AGAIN. I explained that it was her employee that made me an offer to buy again from their company. She replied, well shes new and doesnt know the rules. She then said it should arrive on Tues. 5 DAYS!!!! so much for the overnight upgrade as a measure of good business.
    so lets just say that newegg, lies, and is not reputable. they try and lure you into buying again with false promises. When it arrives i plan on shipping it back with a big FU! Ill shop elsewhere.
    i hope someone learns from my bad experience.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from DVD-R Advanced* Post in the appropriate forum next time.

Also, I use Newegg alot. My orders come with in 2-3 days. They mainly use FedEx Express. I wouldn't say Newegg is sooo bad because of this one transaction. Retail stores can give you hassels as well ... try going to Fry's.

3. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

i was just pointing out the attitude of their "supervisor". Not customer friendly or TRUTHFUL.
    I own a business and would NEVER treat a customer like that EVER.
    Newegg is not a very "reputable" company in MY OPINION.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

First time I've ever seen or heard of a complaint against newegg. I've built my last two computers and bought an untold amount of peripherals from them with nary a problem. Your experience was very uncharacteristic of newegg. All of orders have arrived on time with many of them arriving early.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  5. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

trust me , im a realist. I understand that somepeople have greatluck with some companies, and some dont, i didnt this time. I guess i look for a little customer service, and didnt get it.
    Newegg, was just not a good company this time for me.

6. askyew

askyew Regular member

I buy only from newegg never had a bad experience, in fact their rma is about the best one going. Maybe she was having a bad day **cough midol cough**

7. djgizmo

djgizmo Member

Thunder, from how your post reads... I believe you're exagerating.

Also, i never trust anyone thats says "trust me"

8. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

hey Djgizmo,
    from how YOUR post reads, i think your an bleep.
    i tried to tell people about an experience i had. Kinda wanted to see if others had a same experiences.

Dont call others liars, if you havent a CLUE!

I have emails to back up my story, but have nothing to prove to AH's like you.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  9. Nephilim

@THUNDER66

Let's keep things clean :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  10. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

sorry, i dont take kindly to being "called out"

no disrespect intended.

11. Nephilim

No worries :)

12. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

I was pretty harsh with newegg...and in the end, they did the right thing. I posted the "bad" experience here, so i should post the "good" save here as well.

Dear Mr. P.,

I do MOST HUMBLY APOLOGIZE that you spoke with an extremly rude supervisor. I am quite shocked to hear that the supervisor said, "TO BAD SO SAD." THAT is NOT how a Newegg agent or supervisor should handle telephone calls, nor is that how we are trained. And I do not understand why this individual would declare that I am "new" because that is incorrect information.

If you will still accept my offer to rectify the situation, I will glady do my best to try to eliviate some of this misunderstanding. I do realize that this will not repair the fact that you were treated so poorly, and again, I do sincerely apologize for that. Do you happen to know the name of the supervisor you spoke with, so that I may address the situation accordingly?

I do not understand why you were only offered $5 dollars off your next order. i would like to do more for you, sir. I want to do my best to bend over backwards and help you out the best that I can. I would greatly appreciate it if you can email me your so# or give me a call directly so that I may try to prove that we DO CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS! I would like to PERSONALLY HANDLE THIS SITUATION, if you will alllow me to.

Sincerely,
    Yvette Rosado
    Newegg Customer Service
    Tel: 800-390-1119 ext 213
    Fax: 909-395-8907

13. Nephilim

Good for newegg and good for you :)

14. askyew

askyew Regular member

That sound more like the newegg I know. :)

15. wussyib

wussyib Guest

Good Prices, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I ordered parts to build 2 systems for my girlfriend's father and his business. His computer went down and it was an emergency. I went online on Monday night ( I have documentation of all this from Newegg ), and ordered $1,100 worth of parts and another $120 in shipping. I also added RUSH PROCESSING and FEDEX OVERNIGHT since the situation called for haste.

Unfortunately, NOWHERE during the billing process are you informed that the shipping address has to be a verified address from your credit card company. Newegg simply provides you with a "billing info" area and a "shipping info" area, which any average person would assume means you can ship in an area other then your billing info.

We shipped to an alternate address, and Newegg sent an email the next dady saying the address wasn't verified with the credit card company. Unfortunately our email servers were down that night and we didn't receive it. HOWEVER, we DID call that very same night since we noticed our items have not shipped yet according to the website. We SPECIFICALLY asked the customer service rep. if there were any problems. She replied by saying everything was fine and things were taking long because of the holiday season.

We thought that was weird. Take long on an overnight order? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of paying 100 bucks extra for overnight delivery? Regardless, we kept her for her word and waited.

Late the next day we received the email about the shipping address error, and also noticed that OUR SHIPMENT WASN'T EVEN PACKED YET. We were furious that the customer service rep. misinformed us. We called back and fixed the shipping info issue. The customer service rep assured as that we would recive the items the next day.

Day 3 ( 1 day past the the date we were SUPPOSED to receive ). WE STILL DID NOT RECEIVE SHIPMENT. The website told us the shipment has not even been PACKED yet. We called again and they assured us the shipment would definately be shipped out that day and we would receive it the next day.

Day 4 ( 2 days past the date we were SUPPOSED to receive ). We received only 2 of the 3 boxes!!!!!!! The box that was missing had all the main components for the computers. We called back, and they tried to convince us that we indeed , had received our full shipment. We assured THEM that we have NOT, and were still missing $800 worth of parts. After some arguing and the service rep. trying to convince us that sometimes it takes 3 days for overnight delivery, the very RUDE female service rep. said "Oh, here's another tracking number". WHAT ?!?!?!? "OH" ?!?!?!?!

We checked the website, and up til day 4, it just said that our order wasn't even packaged. And did NOT provide us withi tracking numbers. It only provided tracking numbers on Day FIVE, which is completely uselss on an overnight order.

I argued that we had paid roughly 100 bucks more for overnight, and it's taken a full business week to get our parts, and that we were misinformed at almost every phone call we made. People telling us items have been shipped when they weren't, people telling us nothing was initially wrong with the order, blah blah.

She REFUSED to refund our shipping charges. She had a hard time understanding that 4 nights isn't exactly the same as OVERNIGHT. I asked to speak to her manager, where she put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back with "we'll refund you $20".

End of the story, we got the rest of the parts on Friday, a full business week after we ordered. I have to check to see if we indeed received a refund at all.

Despite this HORRRRROORRR story, I still shop at Newegg. However, I offer this advice. STAY AWAY FROM CUSTOMER "SERVICE". Keep all your orders on target and online. Never EVER talk to an actual newegg rep., they are extremely rude and obviously know nothing about whats going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2004
  16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

customer service might be in some far off distant country, not north america or even states

17. wussyib

wussyib Guest

Just to give everyone an update. After putting up with all the misinformation and the 5 day "overnight" delivery, they never refunded the $20 in shipping charges they told us they would.

Oh well, at least they're consistent in their lies.

18. neweggsuc

neweggsuc Member

Caveat Emptor: Buyer Beware

This email is 100% true. My purchase/ID # from newegg.com was 7808792

Do not buy from this unethical company. I hate them. They will lie to you. More than once. You will NEVER be able to return anything without:
    1) putting up with a continued busy signal
    2) once you finally get through, waiting 18 minutes for a rep
    3) have the rep lie to you
    4) wait 25 minutes for a supervisor, and then get hung up on!
    4) ALWAYS get charged a restocking fee, even when they tell you they won't. (they LIED and told me the product was opened, and therefor they couldn't refund the restocking fee

This is letter I sent those lying bastards:

"Please pass this on to a supervising manager.
    And then please pass it on up to the executives.
    Your business can't continue operating this way forever.
    The bad reviews will mount.

I am extremely disatisfied with your service.
    Your company has lied to me repeatedly.
    No one answers the telephones.
    I wait 25 minutes to speak with a return representative, then 20 minutes to speak with a supervisor, then get disconnected
    I've been promised a next day, Saturday delivery. Arrives the next Monday.
    I've been promised a complete, 100% refund.........never materized. Lies.
    I've been told I sent back an opened product. More lies.

I first ordered an Avaratec laptop back in December. For some reason, it lay waiting in your warehouse for days with no one realizing it was supposed to be shipped.
    I called , and the salesrep said he'll send it out right away. I told him don't bother. I want my account credited, because..I needed the computer for a business trip on Monday, and they'd never be able to get it to me in time. The rep said no problem, we'll OVERNIGHT it WITH SATURDAY DELIVERY. I asked him if he was 100% sure it would get to me by Saturday, and he promised.

Well, the computer never made it Saturday, it made it Monday, after my plane had long since taken off.

I called newegg after returning from my trip, and after waiting 25 minutes, I was able to get an RMA #, and promised a complete, 100% refund, with NO RESTOCKING FEE.

I promply returned the UNOPENED package via FEDEX .

Unfortunately, of course I was charge a $140+ restocking fee.

I called newegg returns again, waited about 30 minutes, and spoke with a rep who tells me he has it in his computer that the box was opened. More lies.

He tells me I should email newegg and explain everything. I was frustrated, and asked to speak with a supervisor. He said sure, no problem, put me on hold, for over 20 minutes, and then I was disconnected.

Let me tell you, to say I am extremely disatisfied is an understatement. I am a physician, and with the time I've wasted with your dishonest unethical company/reps and with the time spent writing this, I could have made 3x the restocking fee. So this is not about the money, this is about principle, which your company apparently lacks.

This is my final attempt to resolve this issue. If it is not resolved, I will unabashedly take untold joy in bringing to the masses[via internet postings] your company's unethical methodology.

19. Nephilim

I had a six month old video card go bad that was purchased from newegg. I simply logged into my account and and was able to get an RMA for it automatically. I sent the card back and had a new one installed in my PC inside of a week and a half no questions asked and I wasn't charged a dime for anything.

20. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

[bold]From NewEggs check out pages[/bold]

Rush order cost 2.99. They sent you $20.

I think that covers NewEgg. When ordering that many components, not everything is going to be on the shelf. Companies try to keep inventories low. It has become a "just in time world".

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005