muzak cd's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jlo_jlo, Jan 16, 2005.

1. jlo_jlo

jlo_jlo Member

sorry guys if i'm in the wrong forum pls don't flame me
    i have a bunch of these muzak cd's you can only play them in a muzak cd player.
    i wanted to know is there a way to rip the music from these so i can then store them on regular cd's.
    the website is www.muzak.com
    but i would really like to know if there is anything i can try and use to rip the music of these. thx

2. D4well

D4well Member

What programs have you already tried? I known that Xilisoft CD Ripper can rip CD to other MP3/WAV formats. Like your situation, maybe you should first rip them to other format, then google a product and rip to cd track.

3. jlo_jlo

jlo_jlo Member

hi dr
    i haven't tried anything yet! i just wanted to know if anything can read or rip these cd's
    will Xilisoft CD Ripper do the trick you think have you seen this type of cd.
    thx for your time

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

R the Musak CDs regular CDs with Musak brand music on them or encrypted (data) CDs? If they are regular audio CDs then any CD ripper (ie. dBPowerAMP, EAC, or Cdex...) would be able to rip the tracks from the CD to your hard drive. If the CDs are data discs then you will need to use an application that can rip data (as well as Audio) from the CDs such as [bold]IsoBuster[/bold].

Link to (clean) free CD rippers:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

Link to [bold]IsoBuster[/bold] (shareware):
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2005
  5. jlo_jlo

jlo_jlo Member

THX diabolos
    THESE DISCS ARE CD-I

6. jess74

jess74 Guest

HI JLO.. WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN SELLING ANY OF YOUR MUZAK CD'S? I BOUGHT A USED MUZAK SYSTEM FOR MY STORE AND WHEN I CALLED MUZAK TO BUY CDS THEY SAID THE ONLY WAY IS IF I BUY A NEW UNIT FROM THEM AND HAVE A 5 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION.
    IF INTERESTED OR IF ANYONE OUT THERE WORKS IN A COOL PLACE THAT DOESNT NEED THEIR MUZAK CD'S ANYMORE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT COCOCHANELLLLL@HOTMAIL.COM
    THANKS!