1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer DVD music to CD music

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sdswaney, Feb 2, 2005.

1. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I copied music (no video, just black screen) from SIRRUS on Dish Network to my consumer DVD recorder.. How do I transfer the music from the DVD-R to a MUSIC CD that will play in my CD player in my car. I have one Sony DRU-530A DVD recoder/player in my computer. If any one has information please give it to me in common talk because I'm not a computer geek.

2. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I've read some other question/answers, found answers to some of my questions, but not all. Also I forgot to mention that I need to edit out some audio at the end or the beginning of some songs.
    diabolos (ced) seems to be very knowledgeable in this area (among other areas). So Ced, if your reading this I hope that you have the time and patience to help me out. I know that you probably get tire of responding to the same ole--same ole.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Thankz sdswaney,

What all have you tried? I assume that you have read the thread about [bold]DVD Dycrypter[/bold]? If you have an AC3 file already then I would suggest converting the file(s) to Wave (I will also assume that you read the thead where [bold]BeSweet[/bold] and [bold]HeadAC3he[/bold] were mentioned?) then using [bold]Audacity[/bold] to edit the Wave file. After editting the Wave you can choose to use it as your burning source file or you can convert it to a lossy format (Mp3, AAC, MusePack, ect...) if HD space is an issue. If you need more details don't be afraid to ask!

Link to Audacity:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

Again, thanks for the recognition,
    Ced

4. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

Thanks Ced
    I followed your directions, I made a AC3 file "sucess" I only selected one song just to try it out. A file named VTS_01_1-0x80-Audio-AC3 (4.64MB) but also 2 other files from same song appeared named VTS_01-Stream Information (1KB) and VTS_01_0.IFO. Is this normal (or did I do something wrong??)
    Any way I got that far---(yes, I did read your thread on BeSweet and HeadAC3he)and then I started playing with BeSweet. First of all, there were two BeSweet files avaiable for download, I downloaded both BeSweetv1.4 and BeSweetGUIv0.6. Played around with BeSweetGUIv0.6 the other one I couldn't even open. I had no success, I do not know what I'm doing and the manual was no help for me.
    I want to transfer AC3 to Wav so that I can edit and burn it to a CD for consumer CD player.
    Steve

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Everything sounds good. BeSweet is tricky (till you get use to it). You must download the BeSweet.exe and the BeSweet GUI (Graphic User Interface). The GUI works with the executable durning AC3 transcoding. BeSweet.exe is command-line drivin.

1) Copy the [bold]contents of[/bold] the BeSweet GUI folder to the BeSweet.exe folder (They have to be in the same directory).

2) Run the BeSweet GUI app.

3) Under the "locations" area of the GUI (upper-left corner) Make sure that the GUI knows where BeSweet.exe is. If the field is blank click on the open folder icon and go to the directory where the BeSweet.exe is and select it.

4) Under the BeSweet menu: In the Output box make sure that "Stereo-Wave" is selected.

5) Now, select your input file (in the locations area)

6) Click on the green "AC3 to Wave" button

If when you click the green AC3 to Wave button a menu pops up:

1) Make sure all the required fields have info in them.

a) BeSweet.exe
    b) Input file (.AC3 file)
    c) Azid.exe
    if you want to encode AC3 to Mp3 one-day you will also need
    d) Lame.exe

This means BeSweet should be located; Your input / output file should be defined; and Azid should be located!

Link to [bold]Azid[/bold] download site:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/azid.html

Azid should be placed in the same folder as the two BeSweet apps!

If pics can help I would be glad to prop some up temporarily,
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2005
  6. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I follow your advice---I have BeSweet.exe Located (highligted in the open file window. I have input Located etc,etc. but the output file is also the same as the input (can't seem to change it)Is this correct??.
    I highlighted Wave-Stereo in the little OUTPUT (right side) I click on AC3 to Wav "button" the pop-up window has (a)BeSweet.exc line--says Location of BeSweet (b)VOB/AC3/LST line---says VTS_01_1-0x80-Audio-AC3.... (c)WAV/MPx line---says same as (b) (d)Azid.exe line--- says Location of Azid.exe NOTE: I did download Azid in the BeSweet file. Back to the pop-up window---the first three lines (a,b,c)are in yellow and (d) is white. What Now? note: I need to do something, be back online around 4 PST.
    Thanks Ced

7. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I'm back. I redone the locations (top/left). When I tried to locate the Input I clicked on the folder holding the songs but the folder would not open. I noticed that "1ST" was at the end of the file on the Input line. I clicked on the Input Open Folder (locations)and the Select Input Window Pop-Up opened. In the Enter File Name Box .1ST was highlighted so I strolled down and clicked on AC3, the folder opened with the songs, I highlighted the song that I wanted. I went ahead and clicked on the AC3 to WAV button and downloaded the song (it worked)but it transferred the AC3 file to MP3 file. I went back to BeSweet clicked on "Input Open Folder". When the Select Input Window opened I went down to the bottom where all of the lines are located and clicked on the AZID line (4th line down) and put the location in the line. So I have info in 4 lines (BeSweet.exe, VOB/AC3/LST, Wav/MPx and Azid.exe) I clicked the AC3 to Wav button and downloaded a WAV file. Is this the correct way?
    I've Decrypter the DVD to AC3---Converted AC3 to a MP3 file and also a WAV file.
    Now how do I edit the talking, etc. out of the song---and then burn it to a music CD (with a title name) that will work in my car CD player?? Thanks

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yep everything sounds right. If you didn't do it right then it wouldn't of worked. For future reference, your not "downloading" files your "creating" them or "converting" / "transcoding" the AC3 files to Mp3 or Wave. Yes, the names of your files are correct.

Did you install [bold]Audacity[/bold]? Its very easy and stright forward. Simply load the Wave or Mp3 file into the app. Edit sound file by using the mouse to select the portions that you want to git rid of. The basic editing tools work like a word processors (simply highlight and "cut" the desired section). Remmeber to zoom-in (expand the time intervals) for more accuracy.

When your done simply export the file as Wave, Mp3, or Ogg Vorbis. Note: To export as Mp3 you will need to have the latest stable Lame.dll (v3.96.1).

Link to Audacity and LAME:

Do you have CD burnning software?
    Ced

10. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

Thanks for all of your help, If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.
    I downloaded Audacity, I will print out the help manual, read it and then I'll play around.
    No, I don't have a burning software. Do you have any recommendations?? I was thinking about purchasing Nero Rom 6.6
    Again thanks for all of your help, Ced

Steve

11. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

Ced, I did want to ask you a question. The music that I recorded from my vinyls and cassettes to CD's on my consumer Harmon Kardon CD recorder, are they WAV files or if not do you know what they are?? How about store bought CD (The Difters, Eagles, etc) are they WAV also??
    Steve

12. diabolos

diabolos Guest

No. CDs use a format called PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) to store audio infomation in the form of analog samples. The Wave format was created by micro$oft in order to store raw audio data on windows based PCs. The Wave format can also be used to hold compressed audio info from any compression format. The confussing thing is that most wave files are PCM-Wave files. This means that the Wave container is being used to hold PCM data.

If you tried to create a CD of Wave files (a Data-CD) you would come away with a disc that is only playable on your PC (and some DVD players). When you burn an "Audio-CD" the software converts any file format (including Wave files) to PCM before burning the data to the disc.

Info about CDs:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD
    Click on the PCM link also!

Info about Wave files:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

Link to free Media Player burning software:
    All of the media players on the list have the ability to burn a CD. I recommend Jet Audio Basic, iTunes, and Winamp 5 (in that order).

I would still advise you to buy [bold]Nero[/bold] but untill you get it these should work just fine!

It was nice working with ya,
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005