1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting observation

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nicklaus, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicklaus

nicklaus Member

I spend quite a while looking for an answer to my question. Which I posted yesterday. I tried 5 different search queries and was unable to find anything pertaining to my concern. I composed and posted a question yesterday thinking it may get a reply but, alas, nothing. Why is it that some of the senior members here are quick to post a snide remark to a newbies posts, Not me yet, but Im sure it will come, Yet they dont have a clue as to how to "HELP" someone who needs help? Sure, I see lots of fairly dumb questions on here, and maybe mine is dumb too. But its important to me to know what I need to do. Im sure my original question is buried deep in the abyss by now, and Ill have to dig it out and copy it back to another post. But, geez, 100,00's of posts on here and I cant get anyone to address my question concerning Audio track choices?

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Whilst sypathizing with your frustration; this being the DVD newbie forum, shouldn't your question be addressed to the Audio forum?

gringle.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@nicklaus - here's one (i just searched using 'all of these words' for "shrink audio 5.1") - from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/186547

- snippet from fasfrank (2nd search result i looked out of the many hits returned -
    Searching is easy, it's just all about putting in the right keywords. I use google many times a day at work and it nearly always pays off (i do Unix Admin for a living and self-taught myself 5yrs ago via the likes of Google etc)

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't think the intent was to overlook your question. There are just so many posts on here that some just get missed. We all put our spare time into this forum as time allows. I get on here a few minutes from my office in the morning at work. I may check back around lunch time and again in the afternoon if time permits. If someone posts between those times it may get lost by all the other posts on top. This isn't directed at you, but I have noticed newbies that get mad because no one answered them in less than 1 hour since they first posted. We don't get paid to sit here and watch the forum posts all day. I'm lucky enough being the manager where I work that I can at least check in a few times per day without someone telling me to close down the web page. It just takes time in some cases to get an answer. You can always BUMP it to the top of the list if needed. Hope this answers some of your concerns. Sorry you didn't get as fast of an answer as you would have liked but it does happen.

Jerry

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

nicklaus,

You need to read the forum rules. And you need to have a little bit of patience. We are all here on our free time, and alot of threads do get missed. Bump your original thread next time by clicking the reply button and type bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.