1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2OneX: could not detect a valid media file???

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by urbanlife, May 25, 2005.

1. urbanlife

urbanlife Member

I was trying to make a back-up copy of Aviator and this is what I did and what happened:

1. Use MTR to rip
    A. 1st try Full Extraction
    B. 2nd try Main Features

2. Used DVD2OneX
    A. 1st try Disc Copy
    B. 2nd try Main Movie

3. After DVD2OneX was done I tried Apple DVD Player to see if the finished dvd2onex file would play and got the error message: could not detect a valid media file. I got this message both ways I try to use Dvd2OneX. Am I doing something wrong. I've used MTR and DVD2OneX more than 100 times to back up my movies and never had a problem before. Anyone got an idea as to what may be causing this error message.

2. macman123

macman123 Regular member

Doesn't sound that you are doing anything wrong. It is possible that you did not select a video_ts folder. that is the only thing that dvd2onex will shrink. if you are sure that you are doing everything right then you should rip it again and then go through dvd2onex.

p.s. I have had the same problem before and ripping it again fixed the problem.

3. rwp2084

rwp2084 Member

Did you recently upgrade to Tiger? That caused a problem on one DVD for me that worked fine on another computer with Panther.

You mention that the movie won't play after DVD2OneX, does the ripped DVD play before you compress?

I always use your steps 1A and 2B (full extraction, movie only compression). I also test the files before and after using DVD2OneX.

4. mamas

mamas Member

Hi, I don't know if I'm doing this right, nevertheless I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me with the issue that I'm having with dvd2onex. First I should state that it worked fine until I installed Tiger. Now when I copy lets say a personal movie onto my laptop, it copies so fast it's weird (I haven't figured out if thats a good thing yet), then when I attempt to compress the movie, everything is going great until it reaches like 12 to 14% of the way, then it says finished compressing and when I open the file instead of me having a total of say 24 files I get only 5. I have no idea of how else to explain wht I'm trying to say her, I just hope someone out there understands me and can assist me.

Thank you.