1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2onex ratio questions

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by reemas, Jun 9, 2005.

1. reemas

reemas Member

im sure this has been asked before but searching is bringing up too many irrelevant threads. anyways, how should i know if I should use Constant, Variable or Selective (low, medium, high???) ratios? And what is selective?

thanks.

2. AlbcAlbrr

AlbcAlbrr Member

When you use selective, the approach is to seperate in the video what is important or non-important. Say you have a video of someone making a speech while standing in front of a brick wall. Low would compress the brick wall (non-important) while attempting to leave the person (important) alone. Medium would compress the brickwall & the person. High would compress the person while attempting to leave the brickwall alone.

3. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi -- thats a good guestion and i am like to know the same thing :)
    i just started with dvd2one because i been hearing that its better than shrink to compress and better picture afterwards - i still dont get which one to use for the best picture -- do you use constant - variable or seletive mode for compression and what would you use with selective mode - low - med. or high - the idea is to get the best picture -
    would you use the same setting for the full disk or different settings if you want just the main movie ?
    thanks

4. ryno3200

ryno3200 Member

So did anybody find out any info about the ratio stuff yet? I'm still unsure as to how to choose the appropriate output, copy and ratio fields. I'm assuming that i should check "join" on the copy box but the ratio has me confused and should I create an "image" or not? Thanks in advance!