1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2onex

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mrmoe, Sep 14, 2005.

1. mrmoe

mrmoe Member

What is the real advantage to compressing with dvd2onex over compressing with popcorn?

2. vantrells

vantrells Member

i really like the control it gives you. i just about always backup movies as "movie only" and has been way more friendly to me to use dvd2one over popcorn. everytime i've had a disk that has multiple versions of a movie....baby einstein videos-they contain 3 different video selections english-french-spanish. anything with both the widescreen & fullscreen version. popcorn always gives me a message like...."hey, this video has multiple versions and may not work correctly." or something like that. i also seems like the time it took me to compress was shorter too. (it's been awhile since i've last used it, could be different now).

3. mrmoe

mrmoe Member

It is certainly priced reasonably and I like the way the demo version works, but I can't quite talk myself into using a credit card for a purchase in Europe.....

4. mrmoe

mrmoe Member

The real problem that I have with using Popcorn's compression is that every once and a while (regardless of ammount of compression needed), a compressed movie plays back a little "jerky" in spots. Does dvd2onex eliminate this?....and, is it possible to purchase (or otherwise obtain) a dvd2onex license code here in the US?