1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

OK,WHICH ONE OF YE MEMBERS TOOK THE GOLD BATH-TUB????????

$1M gold bathtub stolen from Japan hotel

TOKYO - A glittering bathtub made of gold worth nearly $1 million has been stolen from a resort hotel, an official said Wednesday.

A worker at Kominato Hotel Mikazuki in Kamogawa, south of Tokyo, notified police that the fancy tub was missing from the hotel's guest bathroom on the 10th floor, according to a local police official who only gave his surname, Ogawa.

The round tub, worth $987,000, is made of 18-karat gold and weighs 176 pounds.

The tub, flanked by two crane statues, has been a main feature of the hotel's shared bathroom. Visitors can take a dip in the tub, but it is only available a few hours a day "for security reasons," the hotel's Web site said.

Someone apparently cut the chain attached to the door of a small section of the bathroom where the bathtub was placed, but not riveted, and made off with the tub, Ogawa said.

"We have no witness information and there are no video cameras," he said. "We have no idea who took it," the official said.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Serves them right for not placing better security really, if they didnt even have an alarm of video cameras, then they have noone to blame but themselves?

Something thats annoying:
    When someone says 1 million dollars, it automatically sounds like a huge amount of money to me, but then i think actually, thats only about 500 thousans Great British Pounds. I know thats still alot, but you get what i mean.

3. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

i would take it in a flash..., how many years work...??? quite a few lol

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's 923,788 McDonald's $1 cheeseburgers + tax where I live. LOL. Seems like a lot of burgers to me. hehehe. (if you ate 4 a day, every day that would be over 600 years worth of cheeseburgers, assuming they stayed a $1 for that long....lol)

It's not a "load" of money but it would keep some one smart with money in the black until they died. :) I said SMART billybob, so think about that. hahaha.

....gm

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

There are good & bad things about both I would say! I have come across a lot of arrogance here (in the US) that we (Americans) are better than everyone else & that the American way is the only way! This of course is not true but the US does have a thing about driving big trucks & then complaining about gas consumption!! Well if you don't need a big gas guzzling truck don't buy one either that or don't complain!
    The Uk seems to have higher taxes and there are amny things that seem to cost more including gas BUT the cars etc seem to be built much better..

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Billyboy's home town of COVENTRY:

Coventry... home of the world's first known, and most well known streaker; Lady Godiva. Through the streets of Coventry, she rode her horse bareback ... and I don't mean the horse!

[​IMG]

What a great history you Brits and Europeans have!

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  7. billybob

billybob Regular member

Shame about every other damn characteristics. Oh and a little tip, dont come to coventry its a dump. Lmao. Its not actually that bad, but, like all places i guess, there are both extremes. Some parts are really nice and realistic, and then there are some parts that are absolutely disgusting.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the disgusting parts are probably the parts that got bombed during ww2 & haven't got around to fixing it yet.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

TO ME THIS IS A BIG BITCH,DRM FREE MY ARSE..
    READ

We started examining the files this morning and noticed our names and e-mail addresses in the files, and we've found corroboration of the find at TUAW, as well. But there's more to the story: Apple embeds your account information in all songs sold on the store, not just DRM-free songs. Previously it wasn't much of a big deal, since no one could imagine users sharing encrypted, DRMed content. But now that DRM-free music from Apple is on the loose, the hidden data is more significant since it could theoretically be used to trace shared tunes back to the original owner. It must also be kept in mind that this kind of information could be spoofed.

Concerned users could convert selections to MP3, but there will be a generational loss in quality resulting from the transcoding. We also have to wonder: who is buying DRM-free music with the plans of slapping it up on a P2P share, anyway? It's not like there aren't dozens of other ways to get access to music without paying for it.
    What would Apple do with the info?

The big question, of course, is what might Apple do with this information? Because it can be spoofed, it's not exactly the best way to determine who is sharing music, and in any case, tracing a link back such as this would leave a copyright holder in a gray area. Embedded data or not, the mere presence of the data in a file found on a share is not an unassailable indicator of copyright infringement.

That said, it would be trivial for iTunes to report back to Apple, indicating that "Joe User" has M4As on this hard drive belonging to "Jane Userette," or even "two other users." This is not to say that Apple is going to get into the copyright enforcement business. What Apple and indeed the record labels want to watch closely is: will one user buy music for his five close friends? The entertainment industry is obsessed with the idea of "casual piracy," or the occasional sharing of content between friends. I wouldn't be surprised if some data was being analyzed in aggregate, although Apple's current privacy policy does not appear to allow for this. As with the dust-up over the mini-store, Apple should clarify what this embedded data is used for.

We've contacted Apple for a response but have not heard back from the company.

COULD NOT LINK THE ARTICLE AS YE CAN SEE BELOW
    LINK

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070530-apple-hides-account-info-in-drm-free-music-too.html

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  10. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  11. billybob

billybob Regular member

ddp....no mate, it wouldve looked better after ww2 than it does now.

[sarcasm]Funny joke though about thousands of civilians losing their lives :D[/sarcasm]

12. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since when has Apple,Sony, or Microsoft ever been honest?

The link problem maybe in this thread. . .

{;o)

13. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

14. ireland

ireland Active member

HI JAYBO,APPLE IS DOING THE SAME AS 321 STUFF,robert moore...AS ADDING USER INFO TO THE BURN DISK..

had to fight the key-board as the cap locked...

15. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Hi Ireland!

Yepper, it's called *Water Marking*...

16. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

17. ireland

ireland Active member

have to log off,to change key-boards

ZipGenius is the absolutely free software for Windows® that lets you compress files to almost any kind of archive. ZipGenius supports more than 20 compressed archive formats, including CD/DVD-ROM image files in ISO9660 standard.

free
    ZipGenius 6.0.3.1140
    link
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/ZipGenius.shtml

18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

are you guys sick of me bitching? caues i'm about to bitch everyday what happened.
    losers are so immature to talk about co-workers or anyone. I mean this isn't elementary! Your at work. Who cares what they dressed or who they slept with. I don't give a dam#. Do you have nothing eles to do but to talk about people???? Get a life.

19. ireland

ireland Active member

a bitchy black day,at apple itunes drm free cartoon download site.at a $1.30 each with ye name and e-mail address in each drm free toon ye buy.

if ye did not know ye info is also in any toon ye buy from the apple cartoon store from day-1,..keep buying those ipooood's so they can screw ye....

Time to torrent DRM-free iTunes?

p2pnet.net news:- Apple is now flogging EMI's DRM-free songs online at $1.30 each, so does that mean it's time to torrent?

Apart from the fact that, thanks to the p2p networks, there's no need to go to the extreme, as TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog) observes:

Sure, you can now download music from the iTunes store without DRM but that doesn't mean you should just willy nilly start sharing that music with your friends. For one thing, it's illegal.

For another, your account information is embedded into that m4a music file.

Want proof?

For the technically adept, TUAW post also features a way for you to check it out for yourself.

Also See:
    DRM-free - iTunes DRM-free downloads, May 31, 2007
    TUAW - TUAW Tip: Don't Torrent That Song..., May 30, 2007

http://p2pnet.net/story/12382

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  20. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    heres ye a work around for the ad filter ^^

http://
    arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070530-apple-hides-account-info-in-drm-free-music-too.html

Last edited: May 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.