1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

c4 is 347.5

2. moggser

moggser Regular member

whats up with ya there eva?]

i dont see anything wrong with that post apart from he did say where he/she was from as you pointed out

3. behaner

behaner Member

Hey guys, think I might be in the wrong place hear to ask but to update an old eurovox can I use the LGBT71 null cable and use stblink or do I need to get a different cable and software. I've only ever worked with a replay lite so I haven't a clue about the eurovox. A friend is looking to get there's updated. Cheers lads.

4. moggser

moggser Regular member

the cable is right but the software is wrong jump in to the link under my sig and into eamo's liberary and you will find everything you need

5. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Hi moggs, yeah you're right there when i went back and reread it he wasn't using much text speak at all!

Maybe it's time for me to take a break for a while! :)

6. k1cul

k1cul Member

hi guys
    need lots help ill try keep it short got one off box few years ago the one with the harddrive think you call it the (lite) well it work ok for some time then started sticking could not move channels etc did know about these boards then stuck away in cuboard opted for the rip off company with one with the dish but kept the bb any way times are tough at the moment and that was first to go says the boss but missing all footy etc.so looked out the old box to see if can get sanity back.
    so what i have done so far read as many posts a possible but getting lost, so went and got a null cable try it but the lap top cant seem pick up the box have made changes too the ports on the lap top but stbink only wants to look for com 1 or com 2 it trys to connect but fails nb lap top dose not find the box as a new divice ,connection gose half way and then gives up the connection with an error on the stblink .the stblink v6 only offers com1 or com2 tryed both them still the same try changing the com threw divice manager but stblink still only wants to find com1 or com two.so thats the frist problem ,tryed a mate yesterday and he used a usb cable to serial on my lap top (i think) any way it found the box and installed the latest software great found lots off channels but box still sticking , when switching channels (hd is disconnect) and switching off now but restatarting after 2-3 minutes and hes away now for a few weeks any dont want to use up all my favours with my mate just yet would like to try things my self with a little help from all knowledgable posters .read some where back in the thred may need to install ver 744 first but it looks to be deleted as too old? but ive got to get lap top to connect up to box nb think u call the service provider telpest thanks in advance sorry for going on a bit

7. gman496

gman496 Regular member

If your box has the Hard Drive it's a Replay Lite PVR & needs Firmware version 913.

How to set your COM port:

How to change the COMM. Port number in Windows.

Do the following.

START
    Right Click "MY COMPUTER" (Note: Right click Computer in Vista)
    Choose "MANAGE"
    In the resulting window, click on "DEVICE MANAGER"
    In the right hand pane, click on the little plus sign beside "PORTS" in the right hand pane.
    Right click on the USB Adapter (Should be something like “USB Serial Port COM # or "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm. Port (COM#) or “Communications Port” (COM #) )
    Choose "Properties"
    Click on "PORT SETTINGS" TAB
    Click on "ADVANCED"
    Then you will see the COM Port Number Box. You should be able to change it there using the drop down box.
    Try to set it to COM2
    Restart Windows (If necessary but normally not required)

Set STBLink to COM2 & try to connect.

If that fails try another port number.

-

8. k1cul

k1cul Member

got xp mate

9. k1cul

k1cul Member

hi gman496
    have xp tried changing via ports and com in divice manager before posting for help have set commuioncation port to com 2 and tried changeing to com 1 as well up make no difference when i connect cables to box and lap top the lap top dose not find an new hardware connect etc

10. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Have you restarted the machine after changing the port?

11. k1cul

k1cul Member

yes error says open error

12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Unless your laptop is really old & has a serial port you would be using a USB to Serial adapter along with the Null Modem cable, would that be correct?

If you have? have you installed the necessary drivers for the adapter? If not the box won't be detected.

If you have the drivers correctly installed you can check in the device manager to make sure there's no conflict such as a yellow circle with a black exclamation mark.

If you have the drivers installed & everything is being reported as fine you should disconnect the box, wait a minute, reconnect, open STBLink but don't do the COM setup, Go ahead with the flash upload regardless.

-

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  13. k1cul

k1cul Member

sorry gman496 if ive not made my message very clear i try it my self useing a serial lead (nullmodem)L71bt from maplin the cable as i would say has 2 femail ends had another cabel that look the same but had a male and femail end and a little yellow thing called a min gender changer,Try both them but when connect to pc and box ,repay box was detect by my lap top.
    my mate used a usb adpter to my laptop and a think u call it serial adapter to connect to box yesterday to put new firmware on but as i say he on hoilday some cant get the exact types off cables he used and we did as far as im aware install 913 firmware
    thanks again
    looking just know for anying on nullmodem drivers

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

If you are trying to connect using a gender bender (Female to male adapter) it will never work because the gender bender is not wired as a Null Modem.

If you laptop does not have a 9 pin serial port (Don't confuse that with the monitor port on the laptop) your only choice is to connect using the Null Modem cable & the USB to Serial Adapter.

There is no other way.

-

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  15. k1cul

k1cul Member

16. gman496

gman496 Regular member

OK. so the male 9 pin is your serial port (how old is the laptop?).

Is it showing up as such in the XP Device manager & without conflict?

What COM port number is it showing up as?

Have you tried to carry out a flash without performing the COM setup?

Do you have access to anyone with an old desktop that has a 9 pin serial port?

As a last resort you you may have to flash with 7.42a first & then with 913.

17. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Have a read over Brians post HERE, it details how to flash the downgrade & then the upgrade, just remember in your case the upgrade will be to 913.

18. k1cul

k1cul Member

do i have the correct cable form maplins??
    lap top 1.5 to 2 years old no conflict in divice manager

What COM port number is it showing up as????

ports (com&ltp) communication port (com2) ecp printer port (lpt1) that all that showing in that part

Have you tried to carry out a flash without performing the COM setup? cant get the laptop to detect the box as new divice

Do you have access to anyone with an old desktop that has a 9 pin serial port? i have just going to try it

As a last resort you you may have to flash with 7.42a first & then with 913
    re 7.42a will try this but i still have to have one off the pcs find the replay box first that the part im struggling with at the moment im thick or what you have the patience off a saint
    many thanks again
    ps read brains post umteam times but not getting that far

19. gman496

gman496 Regular member

You don't need the box to be recognised to follow the instructions in Brian's post, It's all done from within the STBlink software?

-

20. candyp

candyp Member

Hi
    My replay lite box is playing up again, it was working fine until Sunday morning, when I came back to switch it on in the afternoon nothing was happening, I have checked the plug and replaced the fuse but nothing,there seems to be no power at all in it, does anyone have any ideas?
    Regards
    Candyp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.