1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE Guide with SmartRipper and Nero

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by loaded, Feb 8, 2003.

1. woof811

woof811 Regular member

i shall second that !
    dvd2one is a fantastic program no probs from me , ive backed up quite a few dvds with dvd2one .
    ps. i use dvd decrypter to rip though.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVD2one works better with CopyToDvd than it does with Nero. DVD2one interfaces with CopyToDvd just as DVD Shrink does with Nero but I think it's a better combo with large type 9 DVDs than is shrink and Nero.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  3. mencose

mencose Member

Anyone
    I am trying to burn a DVD using Nero 6.3.0.3
    I have used Nero Vision Express Se 2 to create a slide show. And have saved it as
    "show.nvc" but everytime I try to burn it gives me a message saying:

"Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc, please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make them compatible with the current disc."

I have been using DVD-R and DVD+R discs and both have been wrong. Both are 4x , 4.7GB and 120 MIN. Is there a step I am missing?
    Thank you for your time

mencose

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What are you using to rip and Decrypt with and what encoder/transcoder are you using. You can't just put a disk in and copy it so I'm assuming that you have some other software that you're using as well. Nero express doesn't come with the transcoder called Nero recoder, that's only included in the Ultra version. If you don't understand or have no other software encoders then post back and I will point you in the right direction.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles,
    When you use the CopyToDVD with DVD2One, are you using the default Blindwrite to burn?

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

No, just check DVD2one where it say burn with CopyToDVD. If you're having problems with getting it to burn let me know.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The older verions of CopyToDVD didn't include BlindWrite and it worked just fine. BlindWrite is a recen addition to the what is now the CopyToDVD suite.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

No problems, still experimenting. I've got the suite. It uses the Blindwrite as the CopyToDVD burner and other burners can be used as options.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Blindwrite is to games what the other apps we've been using are to DVD movies.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  10. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I am new to the DVD copying and making, I just bought a Plextor 712A and am I correct if I want to copy a movie that has protection I use SmartRipper and DVDONE but what do I use to make it region free or that they work on American dvd players.

BTW I have Nero 6.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Al[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  11. brobear

brobear Guest

Mrlovkim

Well, you have a lot of options. It just boils down to what you want to use and the system resources you have to expend.

You said you have DVD2One and Smartripper. You can use that setup and burn with the Nero burning ROM. Note the 1st post on this thread.

Going with what you have in house, Nero, you already have a good software setup (that is if you have the Platinum pack with Recode2). The simple formula for recording is to have software that decrypts/rips the movie, analyzes and encodes, and burns the end product to fit the disk (that's in simple terms). You can have one program that will do the job or 2 or 3 to get the job done. Recode2 needs a decrypter to copy DVD movies. Background decrypter programs like AnyDVD and DVD43 (freebie)work with Recode2. DVD Decrypter and Smartripper give you a usable decrypted file. (Personally I go with HD files using ISO format and an emulator. That last is a little tricky for Newbies. So, read the manuals before you try anything fancy.)

My compadre Bigorange suggests using Recode2 with a background decrypter for ease (AnyDVD is the one I use). Anyway, I still like HD files.

Forgot to mention, DVD Decrypter (in the new version opens a screen to deal with region setups). Other decryption software gives similar options, you just need to go into settings. You just have to shop around for what you need and what is easy for you to use. Here at AD there are guides for using the programs. Sounds like most of what you want to know is in the Decrypter software section (CSS and region settings fall under encryption so decrypter/rippers handle the chores).

[bold]Edited for additional content.[/bold]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2004
  12. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I thought was easy but seems there is so much to learn, I actually ony have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypyter, should I have more programs?

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Shouldn't string folks along that are trying to help you.

DVD Decrypter is a great program for decrypting/ripping movie files to the HD (hard drive). You can use it to burn for DVD Shrink. It is a backup method and I don't really recommend it. There are those that swear by it because it is free. I am a realist, some things have to be purchased.

Go to the Nero site and download the trial package. Do not open the InCD portion. InCD is unnecessary and causes problems with some burning software. Shrink works exceptionally well with Nero. In fact you don't even have to open Nero when you use Shrink. Shrink does that for you. Shrink plus Nero is easy.

There are guides for the DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink here at AD and at Doom9.org. I would advise reading them. In fact, I downloaded the guides so I could use them for reference as I learned those programs.

If you decide to buy Nero, get the Platinum so you will have Recode2. Recode2 is a good DVD recording program that you can use with DVD Decrypter. Nero has guides for their software at the website. Learn something about background decrypters as well, AnyDVD and DVD43 (a freebie) are examples.

Here is just one of the threads discussing different software. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/90470
    Read up on the different programs and don't get stuck on any particular one. Look at the different threads on the forums. A lot of info in the Newbie section. Too many people get stuck on freeware and miss some of the advantages of the retail packages. Personally I use both freeware and retail products. There are good ones in both categories. Just realize there are limitations.

Once again I emphasize, don't mess around with people trying to help you. We here at AD don't mind helping, but we don't like wasting our time (most of the time). Ask honest questions with real problems. Also, use the search function, you might find some of your questions have already been answered.

BTW you need to learn to post problems or questions in the correct forums and threads. This one was originally DVD2One and Smartripper.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2004
  14. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

sorry for being the wrong thread.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Al[/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  15. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, if you have the Nero and Shrink, you have a good package to learn on. [bold]You only need to do one thing for now; read the DVD Shrink guide.[/bold] Learn that and then you'll be ready to go on to others. Then learn how to use Decrypter. There are other programs in Nero besides the burning ROM (like Recode2), so learn something about it when you get a chance. Remember do not have the InCD on your system or you are asking for problems with burning software.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2004
  16. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I wasn't jerking you around I thought I had those programs but I didn't, I said I am sorry for my mistake.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

18. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Thank you I heard Plextor is most likely is the best,:) I will print that out and follow it..

Thanks very much

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You are welcome.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  20. brobear

brobear Guest

Patience, but not that of Job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2004