1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

members rank

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by cincyrob, May 2, 2006.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

how do you know what rooms are a safety valve? am curious as to how you get your ranking if it is by just posting questions or if you actually post info that helps someone?

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

You should've searched, this qeustion has been asked and answered many times...I'll leave you at that infact...

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

[bold]cincyrob[/bold], have a look at this post here;

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/328269#1917136

which clarifies the status system.

Lol, if only :) Naw, a post is a post whether it is a detailed tutorial or a simple "lol", "2nd that" or "I agree" (though I [bold]don't[/bold] encourage you reply to threads with a few insignificant words). Just post good info where you can, and ask as many questions as you wish :)

by the way, this is the one & only safety valve.. http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/17

Welcome & enjoy your stay!!

@rav, come on buddy.. lost newbie here --new environment, new people etc I can understand your anger to an extent.. but questions are repeated everyday..

- if someone doesn't know where the safety valve is, then telling them to go off & search is about as helpful as a needle in the eye.. ;-)

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  4. rav009

rav009 Active member

Well, I've got nothing againt cincyrob and there isn't a ounce of anger in that post either, well I dont find there to be anyway so like you said before you edited it I am not in anyway "Shoving a broomstick up his arse"...

"am curious as to how you get your ranking if it is by just posting questions or if you actually post info that helps someone?"

Its true that that qeustion has been answered more than a few times, he could've easily searched it, cincyrob is a Junior Member so hes been around for a fair little while, my point still stands he could've easily searched for the answer to the status qeustion..

but as for this..

"f someone doesn't know where the safety valve is, then telling them to go off & search is about as helpful as a needle in the eye.. ;-)"

In that post I wasnt asking him to search for the safety valve,the thread is called "Member rank" so i kinda was refering to the part where he asks that but there is also the safety valve bit...

Its just the fact you answered him and still went back to tell me off that i found a bit sad...well fair enough, you've got a point you know but you kinda misunderstood what i was talking about and know i think about it my previous post wasnt clearly saying that, its something i've gotta work on probally.

I suppose it's all fair though, his qeustion is answered and I'll take a extra 2 mins on my posts :S

5. Lethal_B

rav, weren't having a go my friend (hence the winky smile), it's just that questions need to be answered well to keep members visiting :)

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i did do a search and what i searched only brought up one post. the reason in asked about a saftey valve is that i was told by a senior member like yourself that the forum i was in was a saftey valve fourm and the post in there didnt count. thats why i went here and asked the question where i knew a MOD would be around to answer cause i didnt want to ask the same question over again in a forum that SR members like yourself would get offended and upset about the question.

7. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Im curious why this is in mp3 lizard forum?

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

see that would be my fault i just searched suggestion, input?? and it brought me here so i guess that is my fault also.i didnt put it in the right forum. didnt mean to step on so many people's toes..... i see why it is so hard to get a answer from someone here if you dont know as much as the other genius's here.

9. Lethal_B

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  10. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Yea, I'm cornfuzzled about this myself, been wondering.

My account says:
    "You have posted 163 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 13 June 2004"

But alas, I remain a newbie, which is dumb. It's especially dumb when I'm trying to answer multiple tech help posts in a row and keep getting stuck by the 3 minute rule.

Oh well.

<edit>
    nevermind, I just read the very top post in the very first forum about revamping the user level script.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  11. rav009

rav009 Active member

@Tom, you'r between transition periods, you'll be member by 4 weeks ;)

12. Lethal_B