1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transcoding ac3 to wav, need some help with besweet

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jrx10, May 24, 2006.

1. jrx10

jrx10 Member

I have 3 audio files in the vob I want to transcode the 2nd audio (DD 5.1) to stereo wav. audio-1 DD 2 channel 2)audio-2 DD 5.1 3)audio-3 DTS. I want to grab the audio channel-2(DD 5.1) and transcode and downmix to stereo wav with besweet. the vob input of besweet lists 1) 0x80 (ac3), 2) 0x81 (ac3), 3) 0x82 (ac3), 4) 0x83 (ac3), 5) 0x84 (ac3), 6)1) 0x85 (ac3), 6) 0x86 (ac3), 7) 0x87 (ac3) (as well as several pcm and mpa listings. could someone give me the correct procedure (or link) to how to grab the DD 5.1 (and not the DD 2ch)from the vob with besweet? thx

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Where did you get your .VOB file? Is it an encrypted file? If it is encrypted do you have the source DVD? I only know a proccedure that involves an app that doesn't exsist anymore (DVD Decrypter) and DRM stripped .AC3 files. To use BeSweet the .VOB has to be decrypted or the .AC3 stream must already be demuxed from the decrypted .VOB file.

Here is my guide...
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/184368

Hope that helps,
    Ced

3. jrx10

jrx10 Member

my concert dvd collection.
    yes. however, just like in the days of individual cuts off vinyl or cd being recorded on hx pro cassettes and reel-to-reel, most people don't want to listen to all the crappy songs inbetween the good songs on one album and want to put their preferred songs together off 3 or 4 albums (or more). I tried besweet transcoding the ac3 in the vob directly to wav (to save a step of either using decrypter (disc) or rejig (harddrive) to demux the ac3 stream out, but I'm somewhat unhappy with the sound from the vob directly to wav through besweet. (I did use nero instead of eac to burn the cd because of the normalize function directly before burning and this may be the problem). I've been very happy with eac--does eac have a normalize function directly before burning so you don't have to normalize each individual song before the burn? seriously thinking of just burning 5.1/2.0 cds or audio only 5.1 dvds. don't really know if you can burn audio-only dvds, although if you use shrink and use the "still pictures" function you can cut the video 0s and 1s down by a factor of guessing-??? 30 to 40) (don't really need or want a dvd player for the car, but a car cd pre-amp/tuner that would decode even 2 channel ac3 cds would interest me. from what I just tried (and I'll have to experiment some more) the 2 step of demuxing the ac3 stream directly out and then either transcoding the ac3 to wav (best software for this-???) or burning an ac3 cd/ac3 audio only dvd for the home is probably the best way to go to cut out all the loser songs for individual preference.

4. vmeister

vmeister Member

this is a question for Diabolos. I have your thread on extracting audio from DVDs using dycrypter. My problem is this. I can get it to export to an AC3 file, but it doesn't seperate the tracks, so I have one very long music track. I did this originally about a year ago and was able to somehow get seperate tracks, I just don't remember how. What am I doing wrong?