1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac equivalent to DVD Shrink...

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by highe5, Jul 4, 2003.

1. highe5

highe5 Guest

When, when, when...

From looking at the screenshots, it seems great for choosing which parts you want to include in your finished DVD... something DVD2oneX doesn't seem to do (unless I'm very much mistaken or I've got an old version).

Anyone know of any app on OSX that does the same job???

2. acraft

acraft Member

DVD2oneX will, I believe, do the same thing DVD Shrink will do.

Unfortunately, DVD2oneX, is crippled until you purchase a license. (I avoid this type of crippleware as it doesn't follow the spirit of shareware--make a great app at a great price and people will pay for it, voluntarily.)

Anyway, if you have a copy of VirtualPC you can use DVD Shrink to shrink dual layer DVDs.

I use DVDBackup (MacOS X) to rip and unencrypt the content and DVD Shrink to make it fit on a single DVD. Then use Toast to Burn the DVD.

For single layer DVDs, of course, you can skip DVD Shrink and VPC altogether.

3. highe5

highe5 Guest

Hmmm... maybe I'll look at the specs more closely for the registered version of DVD2oneX - thanks for the tip.

4. JonB

JonB Member

DVD2oneX will stop burning after half an hour. But I highly recommend that you purchase this software because it really rocks! Use DVDBackup to decrypt, DVD2oneX to shrink and toast to burn! Works perfectly for me!

5. hank29

hank29 Member

Buy DVD2one. Shareware / cripple is irrelevant.
    They supply a completely adequate free demo which lets you make up your mind.

It's so cheap that if you aren't prepared to buy it then you should think about what you are wanting it for.

Using convoluted methods such vPC and DVDshrink sort of defeats the object of supporting developers of Mac software a little bit doesn't it?

6. highe5

highe5 Guest

I've already tried & bought the newest version of DVD2oneX - I didn't need any more convincing !!!

Thanks for all your advice.