1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Burner for backing up PS2, other video games?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by leoleo1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. leoleo1

leoleo1 Guest

Hi. I really appreciate all of the useful information this forum has to give, as I have read people's advice with great results in the past. I would like to buy a DVD drive for my comp., either external or internal, with the main goal of backing up and burning my playstation 2 and other video games, such as playstation 1, sega saturn, and the like. I als plan on using the DVD-burning functionality for burning DVD movies, audio, and data.
    Keeping in mind that high quality dvd-burn video games are my priority, is there a particular model, family of models, brand, or feature I should look for when making my purchase?

Thanks.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. leoleo1

leoleo1 Guest

Well, the BenQ seems the most consistently recommended, and the price is great. However, I'm still unclear as to the differences between models 1620-650. Is is simply a matter of slightly increased speeds and storage capabilities?

Also-is there any disadvantage to using BenQ is im in the US?

Thanks much for help, links recommendation was great.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Basically if it's a BenQ 16*0 then it's a better drive the higher the number.

Anyhow, I doubt you'll get a BenQ, as they are pretty much non exsistent after the company was sold. Look for LiteOn or Poneer.