1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD cloner IV will not copy entire movie - NO TALK OF CRACKS HERE

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by wheelstb, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I'm relatively new to backing up my DVDs. I recently downloaded a copy of DVD cloner IV. When I try to make a copy of a DVD it seems to copy perfectly. however when I go to watch the DVD that I have just copied, the movie stops well before it is finished. This happens even if I copy the movie only. When I copy the movie. I copy only the main movie on a single layer DVD-R. I have tried using a different brand of DVD, but that doesn't seem to solve my problem.

Please help.

2. elby

elby Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

would it make any difference if i used a crack to get around buying it?Dvd cloner 4 that is.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

No, use crack and you really won't care what movie you're watching. That program is not the best, DVDCloner. Cracks will really screw up your system because who knows what is in that file you are trying to install into your system. As a matter of fact, to save time, just open up your computer case and urinate on it while it is still running. Cracks are software written by who know to do who knows what to your computer while trying to get around buying the program. I've fixed several employee computers who infected themselves with trojans, spyware programs and browser hijackers trying to find a crack that works.
    Use one of the free programs (Ripit4me and DVDShrink, DVDDecrypter, IMGBurn) if you don't want to spend the money, if not purchase AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, the best money you'll spend. No, I don't work for them, just a very happy customer of Slysoft/Elaborate Bytes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Great advice Blivet

6. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thanks a lot for all the help. Which one of the free software mentioned above is the easiest to use? I have used DVD shrink before but I must have been doing it wrong. I clicked the checkbox to have the audio files in one folder and the video files in another but I received an error message from my burning software. I don't remember exactly what the error message was. I think it had something to do with the way I was trying to burn the files. Any ideas on what I was doing wrong?

Again thanks a lot for the help.

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Right here, the best guide for a good, easy free program.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740
    This is all you'll need to get started.
    Between Alcohol and Arniebear, they cover all of the basics here using Ripit4me, FixVTS, IMGBurn, DVDDecrypter, and best of all, it's free without the dangers of cracks.

8. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I have been using the programs you guys recommend earlier (DVD shrink, ripit4me, and DVD decrypter) and so far they seem to be working great. I do have one small question. When the programs tell you how much they will need to compress the movie to fit it on a single layer DVD is it the higher that number is the better quality picture you will receive from the Coppy?

thanks again 4 all the help

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

when shrink gives you, let's say 80%, it means 100-80=20. in this case shrink is compressing the movie 20% evently throughout, not at the beguinning or middle or at the end, 20% throughout the whole movie. so, you want the number to be as high as possible.

10. bubbles32

bubbles32 Guest

i guys, I have been starting to notice that whenever I use DVD Clone to burn my DVD's, the image comes to about 7000mb which is way to big to burn on a disc, is there any way I can make it smaller by only using dvd cloner and not dvd shrink cos that program dusnt really work for me thanks guys

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Do you have output set to DVD 5 and not 9?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  12. JVan15

JVan15 Member

If you do not have the full version, it only copies 1/5 of the entire movie.

13. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

newer ver's of SHRINK give you the ability to add more or less compression to various parts of the movie(ie...extras/credits).
    i would just buy CLONE 2,it gives u the ability to snip out the all the bulls*#t you don't want.
    [​IMG]
    cheers

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  14. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

bubbles32,
    i'm sure DVD-CLONER(although i've never used it )has it's own transcoder, and as long as it does.....set ur output to DVD 5.
    ................solid advise garmoon!
    [​IMG]

15. Artimus2

Artimus2 Member

DVD cloner IV does not copy as they state. This program is a waste of money.Closes down while burning many times and the quality much of the time is bad.

I have wasted many many media working with this program and their support is generic e-mails most of the time. Couldn't copy Saw III,I e-mailed them and their response was, many of our customers have the same problem and...we'll try to do better.

I purchased AnyDvd and CloneDVD2 and have not had one coaster since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.