1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One taking over my hard drive

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by brocktune, Feb 2, 2007.

1. brocktune

brocktune Member

Before running DVD2One, I had 26 or so GB free on my main drive. When the program gets in the middle of creating a disc image, it gives me a warning message that I don't have enough free space on my drive to continue. I close down DVD2One, find that it DID create a correctly compressed VIDEO_TS folder, but didn't create the disc image, and I only have 70 MB left on my main drive. I've been running DVD2One for over a year and never had this problem before. Any suggestions on what might be happening? Thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

Please try this, right click on your main drive icon, and select properties.You should get something like this.

[​IMG]

What space on yours is left precisely? 70MB or 70GB?

3. brocktune

brocktune Member

4. onya

onya Guest

Given the fact you HAD 26gb free, and now have 70mb free, you must have your movies stored on the hdd. Roughly this converts to 5-7 movies. Can you locate these files on your hard drive? If so, convert them to DVD's. Post back with info.. :)

5. brocktune

brocktune Member

The problem stems from the fact that I didn't convert 5-7 movies, I processed a single VIDEO_TS ripped from a DVD and lost all that space when DVD2One was in the midst of making the .img

6. Jolly_Lad

Jolly_Lad Member

Did you choose the output size as 43360 MB by accident? Sounds daft I know, but after 100's of successful rips using the same software I'm surprised by your problem. If not then re-install DVD2One, run a disk utility on your HD and use a seperate HD for your rips. Saving, editing, burning and deleting DVD related files onto/from your main HD can cause no end of fragmentation issues. I use an 80 Gb external Firewire HD specifically for my DVD stuff and I can sleep well at night knowing I'm not messing up my operating system.