1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing - Desktop or Laptop

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by johnstac, Sep 12, 2007.

1. johnstac

johnstac Member

Before you answer, here me out. First off, I have never owned a Mac in my life but have recently began looking into it, particularly with the frustration of using Ulead, Pinnacle, and other pc based software. It's been a joke.

So, I took my wife to the Mac website and showed her all the cool stuff. Great. Here's the rub. I know from experience that desktops always outperform laptops and desktops are usually a couple of generations ahead of laptops. Thing is, my wife wants a laptop. Not so much for video editing, etc, but she just wants a newer smaller laptop then the old Sony still carry abound. In an effort to compromise, I am wondering if I should go for the laptop or hold out and try to make her see it my way on the desktop.

These questions are not as important as the next one: Am I correct about laptops versus desktops when it comes to an Apple as well? Your feedback is appreciated.

2. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, johnstac:

If you want to get an idea of how a new Mac laptop stacks up against a Mac desktop, go to Macworld.com and read the review of the Mac laptop you're considering. Their reviews contain a Macworld Lab Test section were the laptop in question is compared to similar laptops and desktops.

Cheers.