1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Using Canopus ADVC110 to Export from Final Cut Pro to VHS

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by richard60, Sep 14, 2007.

1. richard60

richard60 Member

I just bought this unit to both import, and export, 8mm and VHS video, to and from Final Cut Pro 4.5 (FCP)

I've imported the video without problem, edited it on a DVNTSC sequence preset, and now want to export it back to VHS. (I set FCP to "uncontrollable device," for the firewire capture to work.)

The settings on the bottom of the ADVC110 (110), are 1,3-6 off and 2 on. I also have switched it from analog in, (which I had set it to capture), to digital in, and the blue light is solid on the front of the 110.

I have a 6pin-6pin firewire connection from the G5 to the 110, with the 110's analog video and audio outs to my VCR, and the VCR's video and audio analog out to my Sony DVCAM camera, to use as a monitor. (I know the VCR to Camera connection is working, because when I play a tape on the VCR, I can see it on my DVCAM's monitor, and when not playing see the VCR's input, blue screen.)

Also, I connected all the analog cables first, then I connected the firewire from the G5 to the 110 last, (so as to not give the 110 any juice, and therefore avoid any hot wiring problems.)
    Then, I opened my rendered FCP project, and playing it, I can't see it on my DVCAM monitor, (oh, of course I have FCP set to output video and audio to firewire as well.
    I can successfully connect my G5 to the DVCAM, and view my project on it's LCD, but only by bypassing the 110, and using a direct 6pin-4pin firewire connection.)

Nonplussed, I've tried the, print to video option, and it gives me a codec error.
    I have tried setting the VCR in motion to record before hitting play in FCP, still nothing.
    I also tried bypassing the VCR, and running the firewire from the G5 to the 110, and then outputting the analog to my DVCAM directly, and still see nothing.

I understand I should be able to not only view, but record digital to analog video out with the 110, through firewire and need some help bad.

Any advice?

I sure do appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Richard

2. richard60

richard60 Member

Solved.
    It was a line issue.
    VTR's needed to be on Ch 0.
    Not 3 or 4
    Only took 6 hours to figure out!