1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAvi - Films Out of Sync...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by wozski, Oct 27, 2007.

1. wozski

wozski Member

Im using this to convert some Divx/Avi files to dvd, most of which come out really good - however im starting to get a few conversions that get the sound out of sync with the film... is there another conversion tool out there or am i doing something wrong?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

is the film out of sync before you converted files?, convertxtodvd does a great job of converting

3. wozski

wozski Member

No the film was fine - what do you reccommend?

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try this but won't work on a gradual sync loss. If the audio is out a set amount on the encoded file (constant) even though the original file plays fine on your pc, try creating a new file to encode: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ (Download on left, then vl 17.7- binary) Drag your original file into the top window of AviMux_Gui, highlight it, select generate data and in the lower window, highlight the audio that appears and any delay in ms will appear to the right. If other than 0 appears, select start and encode that new file naming and placing as you wish; only takes a minute or two.

5. wozski

wozski Member

ok i have done that and it was 2500ms?
    I now have a small .MKA file.
    What do i do with that? And what do i do from there?

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

That's a huge amount of sync loss. I'm not familar with MKA, if you put an Avi in, you should get an Avi around the same size to encode. Not sure on DIVX either.

7. wozski

wozski Member

lol ok
    I have sorted it out with that link you sent me - i hope it works on a few of my other films
    thanks for your time

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Good you sorted it, just a for your information, any sync loss will rarely show on your pc and I run all my Avi through AviMux_Gui before encoding. Only failed me once in hundreds of files.