1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFAB subtitles

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by growler33, Jul 6, 2008.

1. growler33

growler33 Member

I have been using the latest version of DVDFAB and I am having troubles with subtitles. All of my burned dvd's play the subtitles at startup unless I manually tell my dvd player to turn them off. Now on my newest dvd player even when I turn them off manually they still play? If I turn them on, I get 2 sets of subtitles!!! I have burned some without including the subtitles but then I get screwed every once in a while when there is foreign language or a need for subtitles in a regular movie.

Is there anything else I can do, or is it just my dvd players reading the burned dvd wrong? I have friends with the cheapest dvd players that don't have this problem. I have a brand new Panasonic dvd recorder and I hate to think I will have to watch all my movies with subtitles playing!

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Are you saying that your friends can watch the same disk as you, but the subtitles do not show up on theirs that show up on yours? Sometimes higher end players actually have more trouble playing back-ups than do the cheaper models. Also when ripping with DVDFab it is a good idea to run the files through FixVTS prior to further processing.

3. growler33

growler33 Member

Yes, friends with cheap players can view the back-ups just fine. I can turn the subtitles off on my older player but my newer, expensive player/recorder plays subtitles no matter what! Like I said before it actually plays two sets of subtitles if I turn them on manually! I am not sure what FixVTS will do for me in this situation. I have read what that program is about and don't see my problem mentioned in any way?

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

DVDFab is an excellent program, but it does not always provide the cleanest files after ripping. I am not sure that it will help your particular problem either, but a lot of people a whole smarter than me recommend running the program prior to further processing, so that is what I do. Plus it will not harm your files, you also have the ability to create a back-up when running, and it is free.

5. growler33

growler33 Member

Can you try and tell me how to use this program? I have downloaded it but am not sure how to operate it!

6. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  7. growler33

growler33 Member

I read that other thread and that gets a little over my head. When I use DVDFAB I set it to burn the main movie only, other than that I don't mess around with other settings. I have burned without subtitles and with them, that is just a check box. From what I can tell is the higher end dvd players read dvds differently than the cheaper ones?

8. Crab56

Crab56 Regular member

I have same problem with with subtitles but I never tried to figure it out - Just wanted to let you know there is a subtitle forum - Maybe you can find more help there - just an idea

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/158