1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Yeah, it looks like a different package altogether from what I can see.

2. ignonymus

ignonymus Member

I downloaded and installed mobile phone tools 3.11 but when I choose multimedia center nothing ever happens. During setup there were 2 error messages about not being able to write some keys (error 1406?) or something. Is this a common problem?

3. gatavis

gatavis Member

hi!

does mobile phone tools work with bluetooth, os should i get a cable?

thx

4. jgarneau

jgarneau Guest

ok. [bold]my connection mostly works[/bold] sometimes i have to disconnect my phone and restart phonetools, but i've gotten my contacts out of it so it has to be doing something.

however:
    [​IMG]

i really just wanted to get my pictures from my phone to my computer. why won't it work? i tried to work it through Multimedia Studio, and i had to download gdiplus.dll. i got the program running, but it seems to want to connect my phone and computer through MMS. i just want it to use my cable, the bastard. anyways. [bold]any suggestions?[/bold]

5. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

This is the image shown when it isn't picking up your phone. Are yo ugoing through a USB hub? If so, don't. Hook directly into the comp.

6. jgarneau

jgarneau Guest

well, i'm not going through a hub (though the connection is a bit sketchy sometimes). and it does pick up my phone-i got my contacts off it. only i don't care about those.

7. BadAir

BadAir Member

For what it's worth, mine showed the "Image not available" until I had downloaded all the BVRP & Motorola updates.

Now it shows my correct phone.

8. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

When I say not picking up your phone, I mean the image showing. That is not your phone. When all is connecting properly you should see a picture of YOUR phone.

9. pdor87

pdor87 Member

does any1 no were i can get software for my motorola v300 i want to download my pictures from my phone to my laptop so please if you do know let me know asap
    thanks

10. das404ga

das404ga Member

HW and System Info:

Outlook 2002 SP3
    Belkin BT USB
    Win XP SP2
    MPT 3.19e
    Phone Motorola V600

When I try to set-up the synchronization wizard to sync Outlook to phone, it locks up after I select FILTER - Synchronize the category contacts. I don't get as far as the MPT software reading the available categories from Outlook and giving me a choice of which ones I want to sync.

I really don't want to have all of my contacts from Outlook in my phone - only the ones I use. But, I can't do this without being able to pick which categories I want.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling (going from 1.23 to 2.21x to 3.11 to 3.19e). The MPT software recognizes the phone, is able to read what's in memory, and I can transfer back and forth. I just can't get the filter option to work.

Any ideas about what's going wrong?

Thanks.

11. andelu

andelu Member

Any one know how to put games into c650/651????????

12. playbaby

playbaby Guest

hi im havin same troubles as everyone else it seems i have downloaded uninstalled over and over again i dont no comps that well,iv just got the motorola v3 and all i want 2 do it put just ONE ONLY ONE rington on the fone,all i get once iv installed everythin and iv got the pic of the fone up and click to transfer to the fone is mmcentre.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    My comp is running windows xp,im not sure if this is an american site or not im from england and all i get from the phone is its initinalizing thats all it does and when i changed the pic of the phone change modem it had all errors.please im really think on these sort of things iv had everyone tryin 2 help me phone motorole went on websites they dont know whats goin on.so people if you can help me talk it through to me really slowly im really gettin fed up now.I normal have nokia fones and i could transfer song from my comp to my phone so easily and iv also tried from my nokia phone to motorola but it still wont have it.please please help me.thanks in advance

13. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

Yes playbaby, the software for Motorola phones is annoying.
    Have you tried the already posted suggestions on getting to work?
    I posted a deatailed walk thru which was helpful for some people:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/141767
    Let us know of your progress....

14. mushasi

mushasi Member

Interesting, I bought a new V220 and didn't really think about connecting it to my computer because the cable was so expensive. Turns out I didn't have to buy the cable to connect my phone as the cable for my Sony NETMD MiniDisc player is the same cable. Nice to have a cable now.

The free software download link is great. What is Motorola playing at anyways, selling this software as an accessory? I don't buy any other hardware without drivers! Thanks to OmegaWolf for his post, my PhoneTools software is installed without the annoying driver errors.

!!!O)

Many thanks, posters.

15. Hoovers

Hoovers Guest

A few people have commented on the 1406 errors they get when installing 3.11...I just tried and am getting the same thing. looks like it happens when the product tries to register itself during setup process? Can anyone tell me if this is normal and just ignore or if there is a problem that might prevent it from working properly? Thanks!

16. Hoovers

Hoovers Guest

second post...after restarting follwing install, now I get BTTray error "Incorrect license type". After ignoring twice I then get unable to start BT stack service. I'm using Belkin BT dongle with Widcomm 1.4.2.8 driver. THANKS!

17. vectorv

vectorv Member

maybe its just me, but ive tried to dl this mpt and it always says file is unkown or damaged.... i have winRar and it wont work.. ive seen other replys similar but i havent seen any answers to it.. or maybe im just tired..... ill try this ultimate zip thing , see if it works

18. vectorv

vectorv Member

after a few dls, and i went to another place to DL the Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail it worked.. with my winRAR.. the link that was posted in the earlier posts.. just seem to missing files.. it shoudl 28.5 mbs but its more like 27.mb so.. i was able to get to decompress thank fully ... maybe someone should look into this?

19. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem:
    For some reason, with both the V180 and V220, the phone decides it doesnt want to play mp3 ringtones when receiving a call. It would still be possible to listen to them on the phone, but not have them play when called. The phone would decide it only wanted to play midi tones.
    Originally, the solution I found to this was doing a master clear. As anyone could imagine, that's a pain in the neck.
    However, I recently discovered that if you turn off the phone and remove the battery for a few minutes, everything will work normal.
    I hope this is helpful to anyone who has encountered this...

20. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

BTW, vectorv, where did u find the place with the 'complete' MPT?