1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive problem on eurovox pvr ex5000

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by maffia64, Sep 12, 2008.

1. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

hi
    i have ex5000 pvr. all stations are working. however, i have put in the hard drive and i can hear it running when i slot it in at the front. but when i try to record or pause a message says "hardrive full or not installed". can you tell me how i can get the HDD to be installed or be recognised by the box!!!!
    i have already flashed the box with hard drive in with v1.1a firmware but still the same problem!!!
    so the hard drive is just not being recognised by the box, please inform me on how i can start recording!!

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Take the HDD out, turn the box on and re-insert HDD. Turn box back on and try a recording. This is a common problem.

3. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

hi
    thanks for your quick response.
    i have followed your instrucitons - taken hard drive out - turned box on - inserted hard drive and then tried recording, but still no luck.
    please could you give me clear instructions again as you have written - turn box back on, when it's already on.
    i am still having no luck with the hard drive to record - message still says "no recording to play or no hard drive installed" when i press the record button.
    is there anything else i can do for the hard drive to be recognised by the box.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
  4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

My apologies for the wording. What make and size is the HDD?

5. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

thats's ok
    make = seagate
    size = 120gb

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you sure its pushed in all the way? As the IDE pins need to be pushed home all the way.

Apologies but I have to head off for a while. Only other remedy is to reflash with 1.1A, but after the reflash do a factory reset. Then try a recording.

7. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

when you say factory reset- do you mean delete and re-scan channels??

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I think Sc0users gone maffia64,

Have a look through this guide, instructions on how to to do a factory reset is in there also how to flash your box.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/674371#4102894

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  9. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

thanks - ill give this a go and let you know

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  10. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

hello

just to reply - Thank you ever so much for all your help!!
    i followed all of your instruction and as stupid as i am - the most simplest of things i didnt do.
    as you said, i push the hard drive in all the way "home" and bobs you uncle, its now recording, pausing, playing!!

thank you once again

p.s. i've pushed it in so much that it's not even willing to come out now lol

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks for letting us know. Its a common enough problem ;)

12. maffia64

maffia64 Guest

sorry to be a pest but why is it that when you record, you can only watch a couple of other channels that are on the same transponder - is there any way of getting around that?
    its a shame that you cannot watch any channel whilst recording a channel.

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Its a single tuner PVR hence why you can only watch/record on the same TP. Even for a single tuner this is better than most for utilising a single TP.

14. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Hi

I'm having other issues with my hard disk - it worked fine for about a day then since then recording doesnt work at all... Says REC on the display when i press record and then after 4 seconds the screen goes black and then returns to the channel. When i check the PVR menu the recording is there but only 4 seconds and doesnt play anything. Time shift has also stopped working - the timer comes up in the corner as if its recording but then when i press play to resume watching from the point i pressed paused, it just goes back to live channel...

Anyone else had this problem??

I've tried reflashing, deleting all recordings then starting again,
    removing and reinserting hard drive etc. Dont know why all of a sudden its stopped working???

15. hopelost

hopelost Member

I have got exactly the same problem with my harddrive. it is the 120gb WD Scorpio model. Unlike yours my ex5000 box has never recorded correctly. When I press record, the screen pauses as if it is working, but it is clear that it is cutting out. When i check the PVR menu, it will show that it attempted to record, but only for exactly 4 seconds each time.

This '4 second rule' is surely more than just a co-incidence so am hoping someone out there has the answer???

16. guinnessb

guinnessb Member

Hi
    Newbie so hope this is in the correct forum to help someone.

I have been searching the forums to try to find out why my recently purchased EX5000 did not record, I must have read all problems over the last 2 weeks but none were of any help, neither was Cablebox who I bought it from and now refuse to answer my emails,
    The problem I had was that it did not see the hard disk (WD1200BEVE) although did plug in correcly and I could hear it start up when I switched the box on,
    I tried it straight out of the packet unformatted as Cablebox advised but it did not work, just got either an error message or Information message saying there was no drive, As Cablebox were no longer replying to my emails I took it apart,
    I found that the board with the ide connector for the hard drive had been badly plugged into the main board ans 2 pins were pushed together, I straightened them, plugged the ide connector back to the main board and hey presto it works ok now!!!!
    I hope this helps anyone in a similar situation, I was so pi**ed off with the nice people cablebox as they just gave the usual answers to my first 2 emails then refused to reply when I ased for another box or a refund!
    I have seen similar problems on other posts so if you are thinking of buying one bear the build quality in mind, also bear in mind who you buy from.