1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't we just delete all the guides and stickies?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by varnull, Nov 19, 2008.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Rhetorical question?

3. varnull

varnull Guest

Kind of, but it is so annoying to see a post asking "how do I" stuck right under a stickied guide which explains exactly "how to"

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I agree it's a tad annoying.

However, do we have any real way of knowing how many nOObs have read those stickies/guides and answered their own question as opposed to posting a silly one?

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Probably not.. It just feels like the answer tho is "none of them"

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I'm getting that feeling more and more as time goes by. Seems I see more and more posts like those now these days. Some days, I just want to slap a few of them on the back of their heads and tell them to wake up!!

7. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

But if all the newbies read all the guides and stickies, we'd all have very little questions to answer wouldn't we, and there would be less members.

I assume that's how AD makes money, by amount of members, or amount of posts. If the site wasn't so active, the advertisers would be less interested.

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Oh, you just hit the nail right on the head. A perfect summary of what AfterDawn has become; pointless amounts of same-old questions, being answered over and over by the same few decent members. Repeat this step on a daily basis like we do, it generates a lot of traffic, and more money for the Admins!

9. varnull

varnull Guest

So you think we should get paid for the time we waste helping pointless n00bies with the same old crap day in day out, and often getting nothing but abuse for our trouble when they turn out to be too think to follow simple instructions?

Right on brother XD

10. onya

onya Guest

Get paid? Never. Why in creation would we need that sort of incentive, when we have the richness of our fellow man to sustain us. Now here's a n00b that's grateful, respectful and even willing to bite the lip and turn the other cheek. This member practices tolerance at an unprecedented level. If only we had more members of this calibre. Praise be.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/720286#4379320

*busy driving porcelain bus*

11. varnull

varnull Guest

Yeah.. isn't he.. I called him some nasty names.. Should take his religion (I suspect he's some "born again" wanker in real life... talks like one) and his newbie preconceptions about afterdawn and stick them right up his ass.

They sicken me.. they really do.. They think 50 posts in the news comments makes them important (Mike Addams) enough to have old timers actually give a f--k what they think.

A little looking would show them that when it comes to internal politics and inter-member relations you need to be a senior at least before anybody even gives a toss that you have an opinion, let alone gives it any consideration..

He's got a monk on because I showed him that to turn your sig on in the news comments YOU TICK THE BOX that says.. show sig.. right underneath the bloody box you have typed in... jeeez.. what a retard..

act24.. OPEN YOUR BLEEDING EYES!!! ffs!!!!!
    rule 6?.. look before posting?

The_Prat declared it an "official" flame thread.. open invite folks XD

I keep thinking of stupid stuff to throw at hin..

The_Pastie .. some gristle and connective tissue dressed up with spices and artificial colours and flavours wrongly described as "meat" all wrapped up in some attractive and tasty looking pastry.. Typical of most religions... All bling, no substance. A pretty skin stuffed with a lie.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008