1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox Ireland N3 Roll Out N2 Fix

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by brock8769, Mar 25, 2009.

1. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Guys

In the past we had a dedicated section to Dbox Ireland. We lost it and had to set up a new one for the last problem. I want to set this one up as I have found no other forum to address the N2 / N3 rollout specifically for the Dbox In Ireland. I stand to be corrected.

I am not a programmer or claim to be an expert in sorting things like this out but there are some senior members that thankfully for novices like me offer their expertise and solutions for free. If this is to work we need to get as many Dbox owners to subscribe and to keep each other updated with the situation. I hope you agree and we can get the ball rolling again.

For those that do not know what exactly is happening I was given an answer on another forum which answers the issues we face.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/10/757514

Originally posted by cathaldub:

No you dont need a card for your DBox, the talk about cards is official cards sent out by upc

heres whats happening now
    NTL (upc)are broadcasting 3 streams
    N1 - Channels are currently being switched off(ie. setanta)this is the stream your dbox is using
    N2 - Just been hacked but is only a temporary stream, for how long no one knows(Only hacked on Kryptview currently, more boxes soon hopefully)
    N3 - Not hacked and no one can give you an answer if it will ever be hacked!

As I see it we need a new image for the N2 issue and hopefully someone who can crack N3 for the dboxes.

Many thanks in advance

Brock

Many thanks

Brock

2. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

you should only need a new rom for the N2 stream afaik when its available of course

3. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Thanks Cathal Dub

4. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Any sign of even a temp N2 Fix for the Dbox. Searched forum to no avail

5. eddub

eddub Member

All,
    I know it's a long shot but I'm sure that there are other people in my situation:
    I have now a useless Sagem Dbox and I was wondering if I can use it for example as a satellite receiver? By maybe reinstaling a new Linux image...
    Any ideas welcome, thanks in advance

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

why would you need a N2 fix? Ireland is gone N3 and there aint nox fix for that.

If its a cable box it cant be used for Sat, different tuners

7. SG8

SG8 Active member

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

? you linked to this thread?