1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointless New Products

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

2. Nephilim

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  3. forkman

forkman Member

4. Nephilim

I'm already too tempted to smoke while at my comp lol.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm, if they made a 3.5" version of it I could replace my floppy drive with something I'd use. Or I could take out the lighter and make my own bracket.......

6. FAK

FAK Member

Disc it damn thats stupid, USB toothbrush lol lan partys jk, lighter lol

7. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

We are on our way to being those human batteries in "The Matrix" now.

USB toothbrush: Because your ass is too fat to get up and go to the next room to brush your teeth.

8. forkman

forkman Member

You can also recharge you mobile phone with the ciggy lighter so they say, now if someone would just come up with something I could plug a microwave in to............

9. Nephilim

I need to rant about the Hummer H2. Now this is a totally pointless vehicle. The thing is built on a Chevy Tahoe frame yet they charge twice as much for it. It only looks like a real Hummer. The real Hummer has the driveline and such recessed up into the body so you don't tear it out off road. Does the H2? Nope. Can the H2 inflate/deflate the tires from inside the vehicle? Nope. Is the H2 good for anything? Nope.

The H2 exist so dummies can drive around thinking they're "tough". I only see an idiot with a $60,000 Tahoe. 99.9% of the dipsticks that buy them will never take them off road so what's the point? These people can't even park in a crowded lot because it's so stupid-wide they need two spaces. I just don't get it.

Alrighty, I feel much better and thank you :)

10. vurbal

Nephilim,

Those H2s are every bit as useful as the pickups I've seen on the road with ram air intakes on them. Since the ram air effect doesn't actually occur until nearly 100 MPH, the only way to make that feature useful is to drive so fast that you'll probablyroll the truck before you get your big horsepower boost.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Learn AviSynth The Easy Way: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avisynth_tutorial.cfm
    Afterdawn Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    Afterdawn Rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I love the Cigarett lighter 5.25 drive. Just install below your DVD-RW drive and all your burns will be burnt. Or near the HD for added data deleting. Who in there right mind would have that thing!!!

Nephilim there is one use for an H2, to waste and burn as much gas as possible. USA needs wars and the H2 will help the oil fight continue.

My vote for stupid is this:
    http://wndu.com/news/as_seen_on_tv/as_seen_on_tv_3542.php

I could buy this or I could do it in 10min in Microwave or 15 min in Hot water in the sink or leave it out on plate over night.

12. Nephilim

Speed D frost - ya think it uses reverse peltier or something to suck out the cold?

vurbal, those ram airs are a bit ridiculous aren't they? I like the kids these days that have these little rice rocket cars and they put a big wing across the rear when their car is a flippin' front wheel drive. Talk about stupid.

Several months ago the main gas line that pumped fuel to Phoenix burst and there was a big fuel shortage. I just laughed and waved at all the H2's waiting in 3/4 mile long lines for gas as I drove by in my V6 Dakota :)

13. vurbal

If I remember correctly those defrosters just work by being made of aluminum. Any piece of aluminum will do the same thing.

The rice rockets are definitely fun to laugh at. I have a friend with a 3 year old Corvette that he's modified extensively, and even after all the modifications he's spent less than a lot of people spend on those cars. Sure he doesn't have the $5,000 stereo in his car, but then again he won't be broken down by the side of the road and need the entertainment.

14. Nephilim

Yeah, those kids with the little ricers are silly. They stick 500 pounds of stereo equipment in them, stick a fin on the back, put on those annoying loud pipes and think they're fast. Give me a Hemi 'Cuda or a Plymouth Roadrunner anyday. Show those kids what a real car sounds like compared to their Checker Auto "loud" pipes 8)

15. vurbal

When my wife and I bought our house a few years ago, there was a Mopar club that met nearby every month and one of the members had a 1970 Superbird that looked pretty much identical to this one:
    http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/plymouth-superbird/plymouth-superbird.shtml

He used to park it in front of a bar down the street from me after every meeting. Unfortunately they moved their meetings and I haven't seen it since.

Personally I'd like to have my friend's Corvette, but I'm a sucker for an old muscle car, especially with Hemis or 340 6 packs. Unfortunately buying an old Hemi would probably cost as much as a new Corvette. Most of them have been wrecked or crushed because there were no parts available for so long.

Edit: My wife's family is mostly Mopar nuts and between 2 of her uncles and 2 their sons they have a 70 and 71 Cudas, a 68 Dart Swinger, and a 71 Duster (with after market ram air). All of them have 340s. One of them could have more if he wanted, but his real passion is collecting John Deere tractors. He has around 30 of those.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Learn AviSynth The Easy Way: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avisynth_tutorial.cfm
    Afterdawn Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    Afterdawn Rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I make it a hobby of mine to tell all the little idiots with the loud pipes on the civics and cavaliers just how stupid they are. There is nothing better than being at a gas station next to one and looking at it like it's cool and when the dude notices you you just say "hey thats a nice paint job, and a real cool wing on the back. But you know what, it's still just a fusking cavalier!!!" The look on their faces is just priceless. I had to spend the night in jail once because one idiot thought he'd be tuff in front of his friends that were also in the car, sadly I was forced to pound on him for a bit. One of his friends in the back seat called the cops on his cell phone as soon as he seen his buddy get yanked out of the drivers window. But I still do it every chance i get, and i'd go to jail again if i had too, it's worth it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    http://www.BillLonero.com - check out bill, he rocks and he's way cool.
    irc.addictz.net #ad_buddies
    IRC guide - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47221

***Hey, Let's try that "search" function!!*[/small]

17. Nephilim

That is feckin' priceless! I'm literally wiping away tears of laughter. You have my utmost admiration, darthnip!

18. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

haha yeah i really hate beating on little punks, but sometimes they just cant take a good verbal thrashing when they need it so it has to get physical. I dont think i've ever started a fight in my life, but i'm more than happy to finish them :)

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey remind me not to piss you off...

Secretly i could take you though lol

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If he was still in the drivers seat, How did you not start the fight?

Too bad the window was open, that would have been cool to see. Punch, smassssh, Reach, Pull, then fight.

Darthnip, maybe you should lay off the coffee for a little while. Hee Hee.
    Oriphus, I could take you. One low kick to the ancles and your down.