1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burner states that new blank discs are not blank

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Vibroking, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Vibroking

Vibroking Member

I'm a newbie here- I am using DVD Shrink, DVD43 and Nero6. I can rip movies with no problem to a file. I am encountering a problem with burning.

When it comes time to burn DVD Shrink prompts me to put in a DVD+R. After inserting it, I get a message that it is not blank. I am using Verbatim DVD+R blanks.

I have already uninstalled everything and used Neros registry and driver cleaners. I still encounter a problem.

I am using XP Pro (Pentium 4, 1gig ram, 3 gig processor). My burner is a Teac DVD+RW DV-W58E (firmware is upto date). I have 53 gb available on my drive. Also, I close out anything that is running that is unneeded (antivirus, firewall, etc).

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

-Sean

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Your burner may be the problem. I've read of many people having problems getting +R to work in it, they can only use +RW. Did the drive come in a Dell? Here's a link that may be of interest:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/74665

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  3. Vibroking

Vibroking Member

Yep, it came in a Dell. I'm going to try to switch my drives around and make the Teac dvd burner the master drive. I'm fairly clueless about this stuff- will switching the drives around affect other applications?

I haven't bothered with Dell tech support, my communications with them have been less than successful in the past.