1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Übernet Help?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by weazel200, May 2, 2005.

1. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Ok I have just heard of this website/program. I need to know some questions.
    1) What is it (simple explenation please)
    2) I read you can download full albums encoded in VBR mp3
    3) Is it illeagal (probably is)
    4) I need to know how to set the program DC++ up as i think thats what the files are distrbuted over as i'm a complete newbie
    5) how is it different to e-mule, e-donkey and bit torrent and other p2p clients

Thanks for you help.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  2. whompus

whompus Active member

1) What is it (simple explenation please)
    It is simply a group of people sharing files
    2) I read you can download full albums encoded in VBR mp3
    Yes you can
    3) Is it illeagal (probably is)
    Yes it is unless you have original of what you are downloading.
    4) I need to know how to set the program DC++ up as i think thats what the files are distrbuted over as i'm a complete newbie
    The site has the complete steps for seting it all up there way
    5) how is it different to e-mule, e-donkey and bit torrent and other p2p clients
    The client is not to different from others. The standerd of the ripping of the music is supposed to be.

3. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

cheers for the help whompus. when i get time i will properly look at the site and install, set up and configure the program. it all looks a bit complicated from when i looked at it but you say it gives a guide explaining what to do. once again thanks. Also emule and probably other p2p's have albums encoded in vbr quality does this mean dc++ has more. please reply. cheers

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  4. whompus

whompus Active member

Not completly. dc++ is the client they use. You can get the same results they are offering from all clients as they are just the p2p. The results they boast about comes from the configuration they use when ripping to mp3. Which can be the same as what I use or you use on our own without paying for a service then shareing on any client like e-mule, winmx or whatever. Its just that when on those clients have to sift through a lot of not so good to find the best quality there. There service is for the best results on all that is on there group. Supposed to be taged correctly every time as well so we dont go download for instance album of dark side of the moon only to get it and find it is not dsotm but audio of someone humping or something that has been taged as dsotm.